Onsite Events Coordinator Part Time Jobs Vacancy in City Mississauga Mississauga
City Mississauga Mississauga urgently required following position for Onsite Events Coordinator Part Time. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Onsite Events Coordinator Part Time Jobs Vacancy in City Mississauga Mississauga Jobs Details:
ONSITE EVENTS COORDINATOR (Part-Time)
Working for the City means you are part of something big, something special! You will be part of a team of engaging, enthusiastic and dedicated people that are committed to collaborating with one another to deliver on our commitment to the residents, visitors and businesses of Mississauga.
The Onsite Events Coordinator will work with the Mississauga Celebration Square Team to facilitate the onsite execution of events. This is a part-time position. Shifts are on weekends and statutory holidays with occasional weekdays, and occasional evenings. Candidates must be available to work Canada Day and New Year’s Eve.
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Event Services, the successful applicant will be responsible for working onsite at large-scale outdoor events that raise the profile of Celebration Square and deliver on the City’s strategic goals to create great public spaces, celebrate our community and create a vibrant downtown. The main duties of this position include:
- Coordinate the execution of events onsite.
- Act as the main point of contact for all City staff working during events.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times to event organizers and all their team members and partners, as well as the public
- Act as a brand ambassador for Celebration Square; respond to public inquiries and complaints while onsite
- Oversee event logistics such as equipment set-up, load-in/out
- Liaise with event organizers and vendors onsite to ensure the successful event execution
- Create comprehensive event reports to document all event details and issues
- Ensure that event permitting and licensing requirements are met and being follow for the duration of the event
- Ensure that all applicable policies and guidelines are adhered to
- Ensure that all changes requested by clients during an event are approved by the appropriate party at the City as required
- Ensure that event organizers approve all additional costs that may apply as a resultt of requested or required changes during an event
- Adhere to the Celebration Square emergency escalation procedure and radio protocol
- Some social media support may be required
- Perform other duties as required
- Minimum 1 year experience in in event coordination or logistics
- Post-secondary education in event management or equivalent. Post-graduate education preferred. Equivalent work experience may be considered
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task diverse challenges at one time
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated technical competence with Word, Excel, Social Media and Outlook
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Emergency First Aid and CPR "B" certified
- May be assigned shifts up to 13 hours
Note: The Onsite Events Coordinator will work with the Mississauga Celebration Square Team to facilitate the onsite execution of events. This is a part-time position. Shifts are on weekends and statutory holidays with occasional weekdays, and occasional evenings. Candidates must be available to work Canada Day and New Year's Eve.
Hours of Work: Up to 24 hours per week
Hourly Rate: $21.04 - $23.03
Closing Date: March 7, 2018
Number of Openings: Various
Department/Division/Unit: Community Services/Culture/Mississauga Celebration Square
Work Location: Mississauga, ON
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, at his or her own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform City Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act .