Systems Analyst Senior Java Developer Team Lead Jobs Vacancy in George Brown College Toronto
George Brown College Toronto urgently required following position for Systems Analyst Senior Java Developer Team Lead. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Systems Analyst Senior Java Developer Team Lead Jobs Vacancy in George Brown College Toronto Jobs Details:
TITLE: Systems Analyst
DIVISION: Systems Development & Support
SALARY: Full Time Support Staff, Payband K, $38.66 - $44.82 per hour (37.5 hours per week)
LOCATION: 160 Kendal Avenue
STATUS: Full Time Support
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
At George Brown College, we have established a reputation for equipping our students with the skills, industry experience and credentials to pursue the careers of their choice. As employees, we are committed to creating an enriching learning community for our students, delivering excellence in what we do, holding ourselves accountable for our work and demonstrating diversity and respect for one another.
What responsibilities will you have in this role?
- Translates business requirements into functional and non-functional system application requirements.
- Prepares application and system solution design, technical specifications for the application custom development and application function configuration and setup.
- Conducts feasibility assessments of the proposed changes to systems and applications in order to determine impact, timeline and complexity of the requirements.
- Completes detailed technical analysis of the requirements to identify the components of the application (forms, database, tables, etc.).
- Conducts detailed analysis of any new components that may need to be created or acquired to determine how they will interact with the existing systems.
- Identifies the interactions needed between systems and application components. Creates a detailed design document for the database (tables, primary keys and data relationships).
- Translates the business requirements into technical solutions. Produces detailed technical documents (flowchart, program interaction diagrams, detailed design documents for each module, etc.).
- Defines and documents application functional configuration and setup for new application components and defines how the component should function and how it should interact with other components of the application system(s).
- Runs queries against the database to determine the optimal access paths. Provides specification for the content of the interfaces required between systems
- Determines the sequence of application development work based on module dependencies. Provides instructions and advice to the Programmer Analyst and Database Analysts.
- Documents Business Requirements defined by Business Users, in the scope mandated by Commercial off-the-shelf solutions and required for quality system development.
- Mentors and guides technical staff in the technical aspects of the development work. Mentors and guides Developers in how the code should be structured.
- Provides technical advice to contract resources and other ITS staff. Remains current in technologies that are rapidly evolving by taking courses in new programming languages, researching new tools and techniques, and networking with other specialists to learn from their experiences.
- Responds to Help Desk reported problems with processes, reports, and the functionality of Banner modules or other applications. Completes analysis of the code and other technical documents as needed.
- Provides, as needed, on-call and after hours support either for production incident resolution or for change implementation.
- Other duties as assigned.
What qualifications do you need for this role?
- Three year diploma/degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in Information Technology or Computer Science, which includes a course(s) in systems analysis, and detailed design techniques.
- Minimum eight years of experience as a Programmer Analyst and/or Systems Analyst with a proven track record as a contributor to the analysis, testing and documentation of complex major application systems projects in an ITS environment; practical work experience with Oracle RDBMS, SQL, PL/SQL, Forms and Reports.
- Practical work experience in the analysis of business applications, including the use of strong technical skills in order to effectively review, analyze and architect modifications to systems.
- Excellent knowledge of current programming, testing, and documentation techniques and of programming languages, such as .NET and SQL and operating systems such as Banner, Millenium Student etc.
- In addition to detailed knowledge of ERP systems, such as Banner, a working knowledge of relational databases and web and client-server concepts is required.
- Experience in translating business requirements into technical solutions and achieving established goals. Experience in application functional configuration and setup.
- Proven ability to provide direction and technical advice to business users and peers. Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of the software development life cycle and how it is applied in a multi-tiered environment.
- Strong attention to detail along with solid technical writing, analytical, research, problem solving estimating and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated commitment in delivering excellent service to others as this is key in supporting the success of our students and our College.
- Strong communication, collaboration, teamwork and people skills.
- Effective ability to interact with others and deal with situations in ways that respect diverse backgrounds, experience and styles.
- Flexibility in adapting to change and in participating in consultative decision-making processes.
Hours of Work: 9:00 am – 5:00 pmInterview process may consist of a practical skills component
- If you are a George Brown College employee, go to https://adfs.georgebrown.ca/adfs/ls/IdpInitiatedSignOn.aspx to apply via our internal site.
- If you are an external candidate, go to www.georgebrown.ca and click on the “Employment at George Brown” link or click on the ‘apply’ button on the web to apply.
- Please ensure your resume highlights all relevant education, training and experience that are applicable to the minimum qualifications for this role.
- The College requires proof of degrees, credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post-secondary institutions and/or their international equivalents. Credentials may require validation at the time of interviews.
- First consideration will be provided to internal candidates in accordance with our Support Staff Collective Agreement.
Closing: Open until filled.
George Brown College is dedicated to employment equity and encourages applications from people of all genders, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities and indigenous peoples. George Brown College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources representative responsible for the recruitment for this position will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
For information on George Brown College, please visit our website at www.georgebrown.ca .
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38.66 to $44.82 /hour
- Java development; creating complex web-based applications: 8 years