Production Stage Manager Touring Operations New Big Top Show Gisseur Ral Rations Tourn Nouveau Spectacle Chapiteau Jobs Vacancy in Cirque Soleil
- Production Stage Manager Touring Operations New Big Top Show Gisseur Ral Rations Tourn Nouveau Spectacle Chapiteau
- Cirque Soleil
- 19 Jan, 2018 30+ days ago
Cirque Soleil urgently required following position for Production Stage Manager Touring Operations New Big Top Show Gisseur Ral Rations Tourn Nouveau Spectacle Chapiteau. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Production Stage Manager Touring Operations New Big Top Show Gisseur Ral Rations Tourn Nouveau Spectacle Chapiteau Jobs Vacancy in Cirque Soleil Jobs Details:
Temporary position (approximately 16 months)
Cirque du Soleil is evoking the past and taking it to new and emerging markets.
Be part of a newly formed team excited to tour in a traditional circus environment and travel together to towns, cities and countries where no other Cirque du Soleil show has gone before!
As the Production Stage Manager you are the leader of the Artistic Team and you will be responsible for the artistic aspects of the show and its day-to-day operational management. Through your leadership, your team will ensure the well-being and safety of the artists, guide and inspire them to excel in their discipline also guide the whole show team in creating outstanding performances.
Your responsibilities will entail:
- Ensure that the show meets and maintains the high-quality standards established by Cirque in terms of artistic and acrobatic performance, initial concept of staging, choreography, cues, musical score, costumes, make-up, lighting and sound design;
- Make recommendations to the Senior Artistic Director for any artistic and acrobatic changes or adjustments as needed for the maintenance of the show and its performers, and ensure show continuity;
- Organize the integration of new performers and new acts into the show, as well as performers returning to full duty after medical rehabilitation, to maintain high acrobatic and artistic standards.
- Act as the principal show callerin rotation with the Stage Manager, prepare and maintain the performance scripts;
- Manage the backstage areas when not calling the show;
- Plan, prepare and follow-up on training sessions and rehearsals in collaboration with the Stage Manager;
- Lead Tapis Rouge and provide assistance to artists and musicians as required;
- Maintain the data for artists’ payroll purpose and track records for royalty purposes;
- Communicate to both the artists and the technical team the daily particularities, required adjustments and/or modifications;
-Support, manage and coordinate PR and marketing events;
- Supervise the maintenance and preparation of show records and procedures including the proper and appropriate use of Aurora;
- Supervise archival recordings of the shows;
- Ensure safety procedures, norms and standards are always respected.
- Manage and supervise the Artistic Team and Artists;
- Ensure all artistic operations and show performances are running smoothly and provide any necessary support to the artistic team;
- Regularly update performance management documentation and provide monthly artistic reports to the Senior Artistic Director;
- With the collaboration of the artistic team, prepare documents and keep records on each performer and member of the artistic team, in terms of artistic progress, attitude, behaviour and health related matters, for the yearly dialogue and renewals.
- Enforce tour rules, policies and procedures and apply discipline when required;
- Actively participate in the global management of the shows’ operations as part of the management team (CODI).
You will also participate in:
-Preparing and overseeing the department’s budget under the direction of the Company Manager;
- Coordinating and actively participating with your team in the shows’ set-up and tear-down activities.
We would like to meet you if you have:
- Pertinent experience in a similar position in live show management or a traditional circus environment;
- Ability to manage a budget;
- Demonstrable leadership skills;
- Experience in emerging countries together with cultural awareness;
- Positive mindset and an adventure-seeking personality;
- Capacity to work well under pressure and under challenging weather conditions;
- Fluency in English; be at ease to operate within the international environment of Cirque du Soleil;
- Availability to tour full time and to work in foreign countries.
You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Be surrounded by talented people and learn new things;
- See amazement on the faces of audiences.