Accounts Payable Clerk Jobs Vacancy in Nav Canada Ottawa
Nav Canada Ottawa urgently required following position for Accounts Payable Clerk. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Accounts Payable Clerk Jobs Vacancy in Nav Canada Ottawa Jobs Details:
NAV CANADA is a private company that owns and operates Canada’s civil air navigation service (ANS) and guides the world’s aircraft safely and expeditiously through Canadian-controlled airspace. With approximately 4,600 employees located from coast to coast, we offer some of the most exciting careers in the field of aviation.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Finance and Customer Service professional to gain valuable experience while working for a top 100 employer. This individual will be based in the heart of downtown Ottawa at our Head Office location. So if you're ready to work on a high volume and rewarding set of challenges and if you have the skills, experience, passion, and a strong team mentality – read on!
What you’ll be doing
This is a unique role working for the Air Navigation Service Provider in Canada! The primary focus is ensuring accurate and timely processing of vendor invoices and employee expense claims. This includes but is not limited to reconciling vendor statements and receipts to purchase orders, resolving on hold or invoice disputes, auditing and processing employee travel claims. The ideal candidate should have at minimum of 3 years of experience in Accounts Payable and processing invoices and should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment and have excellent customer service skills!
What we have to offer
A total compensation package including:
• Competitive Salary and Leave Structure
• Health Care and Dental Care Plan (with additional Health Spending Account)
• Pension Plan
• Great and positive working environment
Education Successful completion of post-secondary Bookkeeping and Accounting Practices certificate or equivalent Accounts Payable experience.
Experience • Experience in Accounts Payable invoice processing and customer service where applied to internal department and external vendor queries
• Experience in Auditing employee expense claims as it pertains to the timely payment and personal nature of the expenses.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in Accounts Payable, processing invoices and expense claims.
Knowledge • Accounting practices, and verification/audit procedures.
• A knowledge of Travel & relocation directive, isolated post directive, and delegation of financial authority policies (DFA) and CRMS and Oracle are all necessary for this position.
• Also must be familiar with tax regulations, as it relates to tax recovery treatment.
• Specific knowledge in Accounts Payable processes in a large, multi-currency environment.
• Knowledge of Oracle Financial Modules as it pertains to invoice processing and expense claim auditing (Accounts Payable, iExpense) or equivalent large financial system.
Abilities • An ability to prioritize work and work under pressure of deadlines are essential.
• Communication skills are also required when dealing with internal and external clients regarding financial transactions.
• Highly detailed, focused, and with a strong ability to organize competing priorities and multi-task in a deadline driven environment
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
• Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office (particularly Outlook, Excel, and Word).
Personal Suitability • A keen appreciation for a team environment
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Dependability and reliability
• Tact, diplomacy, discretion and collaboration with colleagues and clients
Language Requirements Bilingualism (English/French) Required
Security Enhanced Reliability
The successful candidate must meet the security requirement of the position and be legally able to work in Canada.
NAV CANADA is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates to indicate voluntarily and clearly on the subject line of their application if they are a woman,an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group.
NAV CANADA is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.