Youth Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Welland Heritage Council And Multicultural Center Welland
Welland Heritage Council And Multicultural Center Welland urgently required following position for Youth Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Youth Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Welland Heritage Council And Multicultural Center Welland Jobs Details:
Collaborate with newcomer youth and Canadian volunteers to offer programming that meets the needs of newcomer youth for Refugee Vulnerable Program and success in their future lives in Canada. This program will include:
- Youth-Group Information Session : Develop and deliver group sessions which will include weekly youth meetings, a homework club once a week, recreational activities, volunteering opportunities, and health mentoring.
- Guidance and mentoring : Support older youth to make informed decisions about education, training and employment, and to access relevant programs and resources.
- Emotional resiliency : Deliver targeted supports to help refugee youth cope with transition issues. Identify signs of distress, and coordinate access to mental health supports, with attention to the impact of experiences of violence and war across the refugee family. Develop inter-generational bridging supports for refugee youth and their families.
- Social connectivity, skill development and language acquisition : Organize cultural and recreational activities to reduce social isolation, build confidence and self-esteem, and nurture supportive friendships both between refugee youth and with non-refugee peers.
- Community referrals and supports : Link refugee youth to relevant health, education, counselling, and community supports. Provide follow-up to ensure that services are meeting client needs.
- Respect and adhere to confidentiality policies of the Welland Heritage Council and Multicultural Centre.
- Hold monthly workshops on settlement-related issues such as health, nutrition, family violence, and government services
- Work with community and government agencies regarding services to ensure quick and seamless integration of clients
- Conduct community-outreach and program marketing. Provide itinerant services to clients in surrounding locales.
- Coordinate community development meetings and events
- Design programs for integration and interaction. Facilitate workshops and present to community organizations, schools, and other agencies on the immigration and settlement process of newcomers
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date client database and files
- Prepare monthly reports on clients, annual report, and action plan to Executive director in order to present to funder.
- Excellent project management, organizational and writing skills.
- Strong problem solving, decision-making, creative thinking, and listening abilities.
- Passion for providing excellent customer service.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, intense work environment.
- Past success in education and service industries.
- Strong leadership, motivation, customer service and communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Possess the ability to manage time well with strategies in place to multi-task successfully.
- Ability to motivate others and drive high performance.
- Must have a current police check.
- Bilingual in English and second language an asset.
- Other duties assigned by management.
- 32.5 hours per week