Director Corporate Strategy Jobs Vacancy in The Economical Insurance Group Toronto
The Economical Insurance Group Toronto urgently required following position for Director Corporate Strategy. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Director Corporate Strategy Jobs Vacancy in The Economical Insurance Group Toronto Jobs Details:
Are you a seasoned management consultant looking to transfer your consulting experience in-house? Do you want to use your experience to help shape the strategic direction of our company? If so, then we have just the opportunity for you!
As a member of a small team reporting into our head of corporate strategy, the Director, Corporate Strategy will lead planning and development activities required to build and maintain a strong organizational strategy practice. The Director will be responsible for using financial and non-financial information to drive business direction and strategic decision making. As the successful candidate, you will have the opportunity to structure, guide and facilitate strategic planning and problem solving sessions with key executives and operational stakeholders across the organization.
Who We Are:
Economical Insurance is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies, but there’s really much more to us than that. Since our beginnings in 1871, we’ve been an organization that has imagined bigger and better things, inspiring us to take chances and think innovatively.
Our employees are the reason we’ve come as far as we have, and the reason we’ll go much further still. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together. Economical is committed to making a difference in not only the lives of our customers, but their communities too.
- Lead the design and planning process that will facilitate the development of corporate strategies across the organization, and enable the senior executive team to make critical strategic decisions
- Provide market and operational insights, assess strategic implications and identify opportunities that will drive profitable growth and operational improvements
- Translate business problems into useable, dynamic financial models to guide strategic thesis development, scenario planning, assumption testing and initiative prioritization
- Identify risks to long range strategic plans and lead process to develop mitigation strategies
- Develop, monitor and report KPIs that assess the strength and resiliency of company-level corporate and business unit strategies
- Build organizational understanding that will support effective decision making by employing tools, methods and illustrations that provide visual context to data, best exposing relevant patterns, relationships and significance
Who We’re Looking for:
- You like to work on different projects in a changing environment
- You possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills across a range of contexts
- You have strong business, financial and quantitative acumen
- You are known for your sound judgment and outside-the-box thinking, and have the ability to critically analyze situations, map out alternatives and simplify decision points
- You have excellent facilitation skills, and proven capability with effective presentation methods
- You perform under pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple, and sometimes conflicting priorities
- You are comfortable challenging preconceived ideas and established norms
- You are a team player, and build strong relationships with different people across the organization
- You have a high degree of personal ethics, integrity and responsibility
Your Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years of progressively senior experience gained at a top tier management consulting firm, with experience working for financial services clients; property and casualty insurance industry experience is an asset
- An undergraduate degree with a strong concentration in an analytical discipline; a graduate degree in Finance or Business Administration is an asset
- Strong business acumen, with demonstrated aptitude for strategic, analytical and critical thinking
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint is required
- Experience in investment banking, corporate development, private equity, strategic consulting, or venture capital preferred
- Strong negotiation and facilitation skills; proven capability with effective presentation tools/methods
What You’ll Experience:
- A fun and supportive team with opportunity to grow
- Great benefits, ongoing education, and competitive pay
- An organization with ambitious and innovative goals
- Opportunities to be involved in meaningful and rewarding work, where you can take pride in knowing you are making a difference
- A company that values the community, wellness and work-life balance