Labourer Jobs Vacancy in Strathcona County Sherwood Park
Strathcona County Sherwood Park urgently required following position for Labourer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Labourer Jobs Vacancy in Strathcona County Sherwood Park Jobs Details:
These positions contribute to the maintenance and improvement of outdoor recreational opportunities through the performance of manual labour and tasks to support turf development and maintenance, feature sports fields, horticulture and urban forestry, playground construction and maintenance within Strathcona County as well as seasonal positions at the Broadmoor Public Golf Course.
- Performs manual tasks in all parks operations and Broadmoor Public Golf Course, including use of hand power tools and equipment (shovels, rakes, screwdrivers, etc.)
- Learns the safe operation of small equipment (string trimmers, push mowers, chainsaws, chippers, drills, backpack sprayers, etc.) to assist operators
- Operates trucks up to and including one ton trucks and trailers
- Follows safety guidelines to keep self and others safe on the work site
Skills and Abilities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to interact in a positive manner with others
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, and to maintain concentration and alertness for extended periods of time
- Ability to adapt to new and changing situations, combined with initiative and responsibility
- Proficiency in the use of a variety of hand and power tools
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety, WHMIS and first aid training are assets
- Ability and willingness to perform duties in inclement weather and adverse weather conditions
- Minimum Grade 10 education
- Minimum of one year driving experience
- Experience with the use of a variety of hand and power tools and/or experience doing labourer work
- Experience operating small equipment an asset
- Current First Aid and CPR certification an asset
- Conditions of Employment:
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Operators License with less than seven demerits
- Submission of satisfactory criminal record check
- Ability and willingness to perform various types of physical labour including moderate to heavy lifting (up to 23 kilograms), standing, bending, shovelling, etc.
Candidates who are selected for an interview will be asked to bring a current driver’s abstract to the interview.
The hourly wage range for these positions is $20.32 to $22.39, working 40 hours per week starting July 4, 2018 – August 29, 2018. These positions may be required to work unscheduled overtime, nights, and/or weekends.
Candidates from this posting may be used to fill other vacancies for the 2018 season.
Competition #151-2018-EXT-RPC closes June 3, 2018.
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We contact only candidates selected for interviews.