Choices Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Saskatchewan Abilities Council Saskatoon
Saskatchewan Abilities Council Saskatoon urgently required following position for Choices Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Choices Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Saskatchewan Abilities Council Saskatoon Jobs Details:
Duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Program Manager and under the direction of the Senior Supervisor, the Choices Coordinator will operate and maintain the Offenders Employment project including participant recruitment, selection, vocational planning, and employability skills development.
• Working with Corrections, Public Safety and Policing staff members to recruit participants for the project and developing individualized strengths-based training plans for each participant
• Compiling regular reports to funders and monitoring budgets
• Processing referrals and managing them accordingly
• Facilitating employment skills workshops for the participants
• Provide vocational case management to a variety of clientele
• Researching community resources and businesses to identify potential job placements and supports
• Reviewing individual’s job interests and abilities
• Providing on-site support to participants and employers as required
• Giving direction to and supervising Mentor interventions
• Bachelor’s Degree in the human services or rehabilitation fields (e.g., Social Work, Education). A combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Three to five years of related work experience Skills:
• Knowledge and understanding of the issues pertaining to education, training, and employment of individuals with varying abilities – past experience working with the offender population would be considered an asset
• Knowledge of community resources
• Knowledge of the community justice field
• Effective interpersonal, communication, organization, problem-solving, and computer skills
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence and a reliable vehicle
The final candidates are required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search. Successful candidates are recommended to have an Auto Pak with at least 1 million dollars in liability insurance.
Compensation: Pay Class 16 (range of $3,981.01 to $4956.59 per month) plus benefit package
Submit resume, cover letter and references to:
Mail: Emily Hurd, Program Manager SaskAbilities - Saskatoon Branch 1410 Kilburn Avenue, Saskatoon, SK S7M 0J8 Phone: (306) 653-1694 Fax: (306) 652-8886
Email: email@example.com - please indicate position applied for in your email subject line and include all documentation in a single attachment
For position-specific questions, please contact the above. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.