Community Outreach Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Active Adult Centre Mississauga Mississauga
Active Adult Centre Mississauga Mississauga urgently required following position for Community Outreach Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Community Outreach Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Active Adult Centre Mississauga Mississauga Jobs Details:
Active Adult Centre of Mississauga - Summer Student Job Description
Position Title: Community Outreach Assistant
Reports to: Marketing and Events Coordinator
Hours of Work: 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday
Contract Dates: June 18th to August 24th, 2018 (10 weeks inclusive)
Rate of Pay: $14.75/hour
Organization: The Active Adult Centre of Mississauga (AACM) aims to enrich the lives of local seniors by keeping them active, independent, and in the community.
The centre is focused on engagement by offering a wide range of over 80 weekly social and recreational programs that include health, wellness and multicultural groups.
The Active Adult Centre of Mississauga (AACM) is excited to offer a new summer student opportunity, working primarily within its marketing department.
Working with the Centre’s Marketing and Events Coordinator, the successful applicant will be trained and mentored in the following areas:
- Social media campaign development, including strategic blogging
- Creating engaging website content
- Event planning and implementation
- Community development
- Graphic design and photography
- Customer service
- Survey development and analysis
- Enhance our Centre’s social media presence through the launch of new campaigns by learning how to organize content calendars, create timelines and use appropriate programs and software; creating blog posts; updating the AACM website and designing event flyers.
- Assist at events for our neighbourhood seniors and members to celebrate Seniors’ Month (June) and beyond (i.e., senior socials, teas, dances, Ontario Seniors’ Games activities, etc.). Work with a team of senior volunteers and staff to organize and implement the events including volunteer scheduling, logistics, obtaining door prizes, etc.
- Work with our Centre’s seven cultural seniors’ groups, assisting them with cultural projects, community development and marketing as needed.
- Help plan and assist with any community engagement/ outreach activities launched.
- Assist in the development, implementation and analysis of a members’ survey to capture information necessary to our future planning and growth in our new location.
- Provide assistance to the Administration Office and Executive Director, helping with day-to-day services offered to our members and seniors from the community.
- Provide support with programs, fundraisers and special events as needed.
- Full-time student in 2017-2018
- Intention to return to full-time studies at college or university for the 2018-2019 school year
- Knowledge in the following would be preferred:
- Adobe in Design, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Online Canva, Google Drive
- Graphic Design
- Experience working with seniors and volunteers in a non-profit environment
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
Excellent oral, written and social media skills an asset
- Interest and/or experience in marketing
- Demonstrated interpersonal and customer skills
- Sense of humour
- Previous on-line research experience and surveying skills an asset
- Excellent computer and organizational skills
- Access to a vehicle for occasional travel within Mississauga considered an asset
To be considered for this position, please forward a covering letter stating why you are suitable for the role along with your resume by May 28th, 2018 Subject line: “Summer Student”
The AACM thanks all individuals who apply for this position, however, we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.
Deadline for Applications: Monday, May 28th at Noon
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $14.75 /hour