Part Time Package Handler Evening Shift Jobs Vacancy in Ups Canada Richmond
Ups Canada Richmond urgently required following position for Part Time Package Handler Evening Shift. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Part Time Package Handler Evening Shift Jobs Vacancy in Ups Canada Richmond Jobs Details:
In UPS, we discover how we combine endless opportunities, innovation and rewards to create a truly unique career experience. With our unique promote-from-within culture, you'll always find exciting new opportunities at every level of the organization. From training and education to growth and empowerment, you have the freedom to forge a career path that can take you anywhere you want to go.
We currently have several exciting opportunities for Package Handlers (Evening Shift Sorters - Warehouse) within our Vancouver Hub Operations near the Vancouver International Airport.
- Available Shift is: 7:00PM – 12:30PM*
- Work days : Monday to Friday*
- Job Classification: Permanent and Part Time
- Job Type: Permanent / Hourly
- Location: 5960 Ferguson Road, Richmond BC
- Category: Sort Operations
*Sorters will be required to work with slight changes in shift hours.
Sorters are responsible for the unloading, sorting, scanning and loading of packages in the hub. They move a variety of packages and they process these efficiently for the warehouse operations.
Sorters work in a physically-demanding and fast-paced warehouse environment, and they continually lift, lower and slide packages for the duration of their shifts. They work with conveyor and roller belts, inside the trailers, cargo containers and package cars. Shift hours can vary because of changes in package volume.
All Candidates are required to have the following Abilities, Skills and Knowledge:
- Must be able to work five days a week Monday to Friday
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Excellent Verbal Communications skills
- Good Organizational and Multi-tasking skills
- Ability to follow set and standard procedures
- Ability to regularly lift up to 70-lbs (32-kg) unassisted
- Ability to maneuver and push packages up to 150-lbs (68-kg) unassisted
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, physically-demanding warehouse and sorting environment
- Comfortable working inside container trailers, delivery trucks and similar equipment
- Able to work with automated conveyor belts and manual rollers
- Must be able to work with and recognize postal codes, routing charts and maps
- Must be Bondable*
UPS Package Handlers must be able to obtain and maintain a Transport Canada Aviation Security Clearance when required.
- Full Training provided
- Weekly Pay (Every Friday)
- Wage to start: $15.85* Inclusive of bonus
- Guaranteed wage progression with guaranteed top rate*
- MSP and Extended Medical & Dental benefits*
- Group Insurance and Pension Plan benefits*
- Eligible for the Tuition Reimburse Program*
*Conditions will apply
How To Apply:
Please send a copy of your resume by selecting the "APPLY NOW" button below.
( upsjobsbc@ ups.com )
You can also fax your documents to: (604) 295 - 3566
All candidates must successfully complete a series of interviews, a criminal history records check and references verification in order to qualify.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work required for the position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
UPS is committed to Diversity in Employment. _We welcome all applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be notified for interviews._
Job Type: Part-time