Home Help Worker Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Red Cross Greater Sudbury
Canadian Red Cross Greater Sudbury urgently required following position for Home Help Worker. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Home Help Worker Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Red Cross Greater Sudbury Jobs Details:
Location: Sudbury Branch, ON
Do you want to make a difference? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking a Home Help Worker.
Reporting to the Community Services Coordinator, the successful candidates will provide home maintenance services on a regular, occasional or on a one time basis to seniors in the City of Greater Sudbury. In accordance with the policies and practices of the Community Health Services (CHS), Canadian Red Cross, provides assistance in maintaining a healthy and clean home environment to the vulnerable in their place of residence.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibility 1. Home Management
Performs a variety of housekeeping tasks:
- Changes/makes bed(s)
- Wash floor(s)/wall(s)
- Cleans refrigerator, stove, microwave etc.
- Cleans bathroom(s)
- Cleans cupboard(s)/closet(s)
- Wash window(s), ensuring that feet remain flat on floor
- Washes Dishes
Responsibility 2. Laundry Duties
Performs laundry tasks in accordance with established care plan:
- Washes/Dries clothing
- Folds and puts away clothes
Responsibility 3. Maintains a Safe Environment
Promotes a safe environment for both the client and worker:
- Implements infection control measures (e.g. routine practices)
- Safely operates and maintains equipment
- Handles and stores hazardous products safely (WHMIS)
- Maintains comfort and safety of client’s immediate environment
- Identifies and reports any unsafe or hazardous equipment and situations
- Takes measures to ensure personal safety
Responsibility 4. Reporting and Communication
Observes and reports any changes or problems related to the client or client’s environment to the immediate Supervisor in a timely manner:
- Reports any requests for change(s) to the care plan by the client and/or family members or other service providers
- Seeks prior approval from immediate Supervisor before initiating any changes in the care plan
- Identifies conditions/situations which require assistance and reports to Supervisor
- Recognizes importance of observing behaviours
- Demonstrates objectivity and descriptiveness in reporting
- Understands and uses terms and abbreviations including metric and the 24 hour clock, where applicable
- Verbally and non-verbally:
- interacts one-to-one with client with/without language barriers, sensory deficits
- validates individual’s communication
- verbalizes recognized changes
- seeks direction appropriately
- reports daily activities and/or observations as appropriate
- participates in team conferencing as appropriate
- In writing:
- documents care given as appropriate
- follows directions of care plan
- Adapts communication to best meet the needs of client while promoting client’s sense of security, dignity, independence and control
- Demonstrates understanding of client’s needs including physical, social, emotional, spiritual and cultural
This is a general overview of the position and other duties may be added per Community Health Services policies and procedures.
The minimum qualifications for this position include some secondary school education and up to one year of experience in household management. Interpersonal skills typically gained through daily living skills acquired in caring for the household management needs of a family, elderly, disabled or ill family member. Demonstrates fundamental abilities:
Participates as a member of the core/support team:
- carries out tasks, accepts assignments, completes assignments
- time management skills: plans workload, balances multiple demands on time
- follows care plan
- does not exceed the boundary of the therapeutic/professional relationship
- acknowledges limitations: keeps within role and knowledge base
Demonstrates acceptable work habits
- dependable, punctual
- able to manage stress
- accepts suggestions
- interacts well with others
- maintains professional appearance
- maintains confidentiality of information about clients, caregiver/family and CHS.
The work is performed in the residencies of the clients. Local travel to clients within the Greater City of Sudbury is required.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested parties may submit their application by applying on the Canadian Red Cross Online Career Website by midnight EST on March 26, 2018.
Please note that there is no relocation package for this position.
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record, reference check, valid provincial driver’s license, and First Aid certification (training provided.) The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We kindly ask not to send in duplicate copies of your resume. No phone calls please.