Packaging Contractor Jobs Vacancy in Mars Inc Caledon
Mars Inc Caledon urgently required following position for Packaging Contractor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Packaging Contractor Jobs Vacancy in Mars Inc Caledon Jobs Details:
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate – M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN’S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
Mars Canada is a subsidiary of the US family-owned business known as Mars, Incorporated, one of the leading global manufacturers of branded products. Established in the late 1940's, our three segments – Petcare, Chocolate, and Food help Canadians celebrate life every day through food experiences. We are an organization that is guided by our Five Principles: Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency, and Freedom. It is putting these principles into action that allows us to make a difference to people and the planet, through our performance.
The Packaging Contractor is responsible for handling packaging materials and performing full case quality checks. As well the incumbent may be requested to perform the operation of packaging equipment to complete the conversion process and package finished product prior to shipping in accordance with all routine SOP’s and specifications. This includes all aspects of the assigned process and adherence to all company standards of safety, quality, cost, and reliability to deliver on the needs of the customer.
This position has responsibility for the routine operation of the equipment in the process and may include the packaging area. This includes the loading of packaging material, clearing of jams, resetting faults, basic changeovers, and product quality checks and maintaining area GMPs.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Report quality variances
- Responsible to keep the equipment in the assigned area running through the routine tasks of loading packaging material, clearing jams, basic changeovers, and resetting faults to meet or exceed schedule.
- Perform quality checks as defined in SOPs and highlight any issues to the Shift leadership
- Maintain area hygiene & GMPs at or above standard.
- Active participation in the Safety program as it applies to the Shipping/Receiving/Packaging Area, including area audits and conformance to all area LOTO and safety procedures.
All Other Duties & Responsibilities as assigned. Responsible for following all Quality and Food Safety Policies and applicable procedures
Key Lateral Responsibilities
- Operations Team
- Area Teams
- CVS and Engineering Project Teams
Key Critical Competencies (Functional or Leadership)
- Attention to Detail
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Conflict management
- Action Oriented
- Learning on the Fly
Key Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum Secondary School diploma required
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Strong troubleshooting skills required
- Strong technical problem-solving skills & computer literacy
- Demonstrated ability to read/write English
- Certified forklift operator/able to be certified to operate a forklift truck
- Post-Secondary Education in a technical discipline an asset
Critical Learning Experiences
- 2-5 years of manufacturing experience running high-speed packaging equipment
- Experience with Quality systems and SPC
- 2-5 years of Fork Truck operations an asset
- Experience with inventory management systems
- Knowledge of Safety and Quality systems and procedures
Quality and Food Safety
Utilizing knowledge of Q/FS systems. The associate ensures Food Safety requirements are effectively performed. This includes training of other associates on the Food Safety & Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), ensuring CCP monitoring is in effect and continuous improvement of the process with any changes to our working environment is practiced.
A criminal records check will be required for this position.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars Canada is committed to equity in employment and diversity. Mars Canada will provide an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform Mars Canada of your requirements.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $20.00 /hour