Operations Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Sinclair Technologies Aurora
Sinclair Technologies Aurora urgently required following position for Operations Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Operations Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Sinclair Technologies Aurora Jobs Details:
Sinclair Technologies, a division of Norsat International, Inc.is a leading designer and manufacturer of antennas, RF signal conditioning products, systems, and coverage solutions. Sinclair products are used extensively in public safety and private industry communication networks, such as emergency services (police, fire, ambulance and military), transportation, natural resources, and utilities. We have over 60 years industry-leading expertise in all aspects of antenna and RF signal conditioning design and manufacturing. With a strong focus on R&D, we continue to expand our product offerings and offer industry-leading technical solutions. We have offices in Canada and the United States.
Department: Operations Engineering
Reports to: Manager, Operations Engineering
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Aurora, ON
Responsibilities include providing documentation and floor support associated with safety, manufacturing, quality methods, tooling, and equipment. Aggressively initiate new processes and methods that will improve safety, reduce product cost and/or improve product quality.
- Identifies and implements manufacturing process, equipment, tools, fixtures and facilities improvements on an ongoing basis to improve productivity, quality, cost, space utilization and safety
- Participates in NPI Reviews to provide manufacturing perspective and optimize product manufacturability, quality and cost
- Creates internal manufacturing process instructions/procedures
- Leads Process FMEA
- Coordinates and implements design changes
- Generates and maintains engineering procedures
- Initiates manufacturing process continuous improvement and Kaizen activities
- Communicates with production on timing of line trials and supports department during those trials
- Optimizes efficiency of process flow, equipment, and process control systems
- Troubleshoots production problems, conducts root cause analysis for manufacturing issues and implements corrective action plans to prevent the recurrence
- Drives LEAN manufacturing implementation and total cost-out
- Identifies and reports any quality or compliance concerns and takes immediate corrective action as required
- Knowledge and understanding of document control, design transfer, verification, validation, acceptance activity, to ensure that product, equipment, tools, processes, software, training and documentation meet requirements
- Aware of and complies with the Quality Management System
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Completion of an Industrial/Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years Industrial/Mechanical Engineering experience in a high tech, low volume, high mix manufacturing environment
- Excellent knowledge of lean manufacturing, material flow, assembly processes and plant layouts
- Knowledge of ERP software, BOM structures, routings
- Strong detail oriented and result oriented mind-set.
- Clear thinking, strong planning and organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills
- Strong analytical and root cause analysis skills.
- Innovative problem solver
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility (adaptability and ability to make decisions quickly)
- Strong computer skills (including AutoCAD/Solid Works – latest version, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Visio)
Job Application Requirement:
Email applications must include subject line “ Operations Engineer (JB183) ”:
- Cover letter (optional)
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Permanent