Leasing Manager Jobs Vacancy in Smartcentres Vaughan
Smartcentres Vaughan urgently required following position for Leasing Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Leasing Manager Jobs Vacancy in Smartcentres Vaughan Jobs Details:
Title: Leasing Manager
Reports to: VP, Leasing
Accountable for leasing commercial, office and retail projects, as well as, portions thereof, towards the attainment of corporate objectives.
• Four-year Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Geography or Business disciplines and or Professional Designation.
• Minimum 4 years practical experience in retail real estate leasing / development with tenant contacts and measurable achievements;
• Advanced negotiating skills accompanied by excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels, as well as outside the organization;
• Must own personal vehicle and have a valid driver’s license.
The specific duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
• Prepare, negotiate and consummate, as the case may be, Lease Proposals, Offers to Lease and Leases in collaboration with and under the direction of the Director and VP of Leasing;
• Monitor all existing tenancies and monitor expires. Negotiate and complete extension agreements as directed;
• Cold calling (canvassing prospective tenants) and the preparation of Travel Logs;
• Oversee various projects with responsibility for ensuring completion/finalizing deals in a timely manner and reporting such information on a daily basis;
• Maintain and develop rapport with designated tenant accounts;
• Understand markets, projects, and sites thoroughly; which includes periodic site visits, and regular market visits coordinating proforma updates with analysts, and coordinating leasing site plan updates;
• Service national and / or regional accounts assigned;
• Project management for assigned properties – visit, stay updated, provide input;
• Keep Vice President including other stakeholders informed about tenant or project issues, as well as maintaining leasing activity database;
• Provide input, strategies, and direction on new sites and vacancies with respect to the feasibility and availability of leasing in the respective market, as well as monitoring the execution of same by leasing team members;
• Coordinate with construction department to ensure any work required under the lease is satisfactory to them and to ensure that all timing requirements and other conditions under the lease agreements are being met;
• Coordinate with property management to ensure that all sites for which you are responsible for are in good condition and determine strategies to improve;
• Monitor arrears in each project managed property and assist in collections where possible;
• Maintain input of information required on monthly report to senior management and/or partners (ie. Vacancy report and renewal report).
The Leasing Manager must be client focused, advocate and communicate a positive image of the company, both internally and externally. The Leasing Manager shall take accountability for decisions made and conduct oneself in a respectful and ethical manner in representing the company’s interests. The Leasing Manager shall demonstrate entrepreneurialism and behave like an “owner” in carrying out daily tasks and responsibilities; demonstrating creativity and resourcefulness in achieving desired results. The Leasing Manager is expected to be a team player and work effectively with colleagues and associates in terms of input, sharing of ideas and working to achieve common goal.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted about an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.