Child And Youth Worker Jobs Vacancy in Toronto Newcomer Support Services Toronto
Toronto Newcomer Support Services Toronto urgently required following position for Child And Youth Worker. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Child And Youth Worker Jobs Vacancy in Toronto Newcomer Support Services Toronto Jobs Details:
Seeking a Program Facilitator with one of three qualifications: (1) teaching qualifications (primary, junior, intermediate, senior); (2) a registered Child and Youth Worker; or (3) diploma in Recreation and Leisure.
In addition to one of these designations, the candidate MUST be able to facilitate one or both of the following activities for children or youth who are new to Canada: (1) visual or performing arts (drawing, painting, dancing, arts & crafts, etc.) AND / OR sports and recreation activities
Please tailor your cover letter and resume for this position. Explain what makes your qualifications or skills and abilities unique from the other candidates who also have one or more of the above mentioned academic designations.
Summary of Duties:
- Use the Arts or sports as a medium for fostering friendships, teamwork and respect between newcomer children/youth and their Canadian peers
- Create and facilitate group activities for children, youth and families in schools and in the community
- Effectively supervise and engage hard-to-manage children & youth who have little to no English
- One-on-one case management
- Create effective lesson plans that cater to various learning styles
- Interact and engage with students of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Arrange guest speaker appearances and organize field trips
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports
- Adhere to privacy and confidentiality requirements
- Other related duties as assigned
- (1) Teaching qualifications (primary, junior, intermediate, senior); (2) a registered Child and Youth Worker; or (3) diploma in Recreation and Leisure.
- Experience teaching visual or performing arts (drawing, painting, dancing, arts & crafts, etc.) AND / OR sports and recreation activities
- Access to a car and willing to drive across the GTA (Etobicoke, Scarborough, North York, Central Toronto)
- Experience developing lesson plans for children and / or youth (6 – 23 years)
- Experience independently instructing and supervising up to 25 children or youth
- Experience working with newly arrived immigrants of various educational and cultural backgrounds
- Able to work independently in a school or community setting and attract at-risk newcomer youth to the program
- Strong knowledge of community resources, supports, and program services for newcomers
- Strong organizational skills and communications skill
- Strong skills in establishing behaviour guidelines
- Creative and innovative
- Second language
- Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contract: (5 month contract with the possibility of extension)
Starting - $17.00 /hour (first 30 days) – $27.00/hr
Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $17.00 to $27.00 /hour
- child and youth work: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Drivers License G and access to vehicle