Business Test Manager Jobs Vacancy in Hub International Burnaby
Hub International Burnaby urgently required following position for Business Test Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Business Test Manager Jobs Vacancy in Hub International Burnaby Jobs Details:
HUB International provides products and services in all areas of insurance, including Commercial, Personal and Employee Benefits. We are the leading insurance broker in BC and across Canada, and are ranked among the world's top 10 insurance brokerages. We are committed to providing the best coverage, value and service based on the strength of our vast global resources and solid local relationships.
The Test Delivery Manager will be the direct customer interface for all Test activities on allocated projects. Incumbents in this position will conduct project management related activities within the Test department and is expected to understand all deliverables of the project, and that all deliverables have been correctly resourced with Test personnel and equipment.
The Test Delivery Manager is responsible for ensuring that each resource understands the tasks they have been assigned to, and that tasks have been successfully completed and timescales are met. In addition, incumbents will be responsible for producing accurate and up-to-date information relating to the progress of the project and test tasks throughout the whole lifecycle of the project. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
- Ensures that defect reviews and triage (for the relevant project(s)) are conducted regularly.
- Manages and develops the team to ensure they have the appropriate knowledge on applicable devices/systems and meet the testing requirements determined by the project and customer.
- Attends customer meetings where applicable and liaises with customers on relevant activity including User Acceptance Testing.
- Ensures that the all outputs from the relevant project(s) test team(s) are on time and of the highest levels of conformance.
- Demonstrates leadership with direct contact with the customer, ensuring that the projects are successful.
- Complies with security in accordance with established policies and procedures of the organization.
- Coordinates and oversees the work of all testing activities for the relevant project(s) by collating results and reporting defects.
- Prepares and issues test reports, test plans and related strategies.
- Keeps managers fully informed of progress, issues, and any complications.
- Coordinates independently with development and business around testing of project deliverables.
- Manages and updates plans with the relevant Project Managers including testing progress, defect summaries, and results.
- Develops and maintains library of test scripts for UAT for business users.
- Monitors UAT testing, logging items and reviewing bugs to ensure validity.
- Participate in development of Support Model with knowledge articles.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience or University Degree/Diploma in Software Engineering, computer science or technical discipline.
- Experience working in Agile projects
- Experience authoring test plans, scenarios and scripts
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible
- Ability to multi-task and control under pressure
- Excellent oral and written skills
Your future with HUB:
HUB International’s Greater Vancouver location is based out of Burnaby, BC with offices throughout the Lower Mainland & Fraser Valley. We offer comprehensive benefits, group RRSP matching, complete tuition / course / certification coverage, and exciting opportunities for advancement. Our brand new head office on Still Creek Drive is LEEDs certified and has a complimentary on site fitness facility, locker room & showers, bike room, outdoor running trails, and a shuttle from Gilmore Station for those who transit.
- Competitive wages
- Flexible work hours
- Complete tuition financing
- Opportunities for career advancement and professional growth
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for learning, development, growth as well as advancement.
Location: Canada, British Columbia, Burnaby
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Travel: No travel required
Date published: 12-Jan-2018
Department: Information Technology