Senior Virtualization Analyst Roles Jobs Vacancy in Talentfit Burnaby
Talentfit Burnaby urgently required following position for Senior Virtualization Analyst Roles. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Virtualization Analyst Roles Jobs Vacancy in Talentfit Burnaby Jobs Details:
Our Burnaby area client is a leader in the support and provision of healthcare services to the British Columbia public.
The client is seeking up to 3 Senior Virtualization Analysts on a contract basis to support initiatives within their Technology Services (TS) area.
Technology Services (TS) is responsible for delivering a range of IT infrastructure services to the Health Authorities of British Columbia. TS has a requirement to secure a Senior Virtualization Analyst to support infrastructure monitoring/maintenance and stabilization /remediation activities in support of the Clinical and Systems Transformation (CST) Project.
Anticipated services include:
The Virtualization Analyst will be responsible for servicing TS CST HUB ticket queues, reviewing the Virtualization infrastructure for CST infrastructure status, servicing and validating Virtualization alerts, troubleshooting Virtualization issues, troubleshooting server issues, implementing configuration changes when directed, and participating in operational activities related to infrastructure operations, as directed. Preferred candidates would have both Virtualization and server operations support skillset. The scope of activities will also include the following tasks:
- Review Virtualization toolsets for Virtualization infrastructure status/faults
- Provide infrastructure review / troubleshooting services both during and outside of normal business hours, as required
- Perform scheduled maintenance work on CST server/virtualization infrastructure
- Liaise with TS Operations teams to maintain currency on technical standards, tool sets, and operational practices
- Develop an understanding of the current Health Care standards related to Virtualization infrastructure operations
- Escalating issues to an appropriate resource or supervisor as appropriate.
In addition to the requirements noted below, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Knowledge / experience with current virtualization standards and industry best practices required to implement a virtualization infrastructure
- Experience with enterprise-grade Virtualization environment and experience with Windows Server Operating systems
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and results-oriented
- Sound judgment and decision making skills
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office
- Vendor certification and/or equivalent designation is preferred
Note - Must be available to work alternating 12 hour shifts days, nights, and over weekends on a rotating schedule. For example: 4×12 hour day shifts; followed by 4×12 hour night shifts; followed by 4×12 hour day shifts.
Hourly (up to 48 hours per week, with additional work hours requiring pre-approval by client. Note that due to cost and logistics factors, our client has a preference for candidates residing local to this opportunity. If suitable please apply today! There is an excellent chance of extension. Deadline is May 24, 2018.Must Haves
A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a university degree or technical diploma in a program, such as computer technology, plus related vendor virtualization certifications, and at least eight (8) years of recent virtualization infrastructure and server operating system support experience.