Foi Administrative Officer Jobs Vacancy in Ministry The Environment And Climate Change Toronto
Ministry The Environment And Climate Change Toronto urgently required following position for Foi Administrative Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Foi Administrative Officer Jobs Vacancy in Ministry The Environment And Climate Change Toronto Jobs Details:
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to provide support services and advice related the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) to the Ministry, businesses and the general public. If you are a well-organized, detail-oriented individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team , please consider this exciting opportunity!
What can I expect to do in this role? In this role you will
- Review and assess freedom of information (FOI) requests for accuracy and completeness
- Respond to general enquiries regarding FIPPA from members of the public, businesses and ministry staff.
- Coordinate a variety of administrative and clerical duties in support of the Assistant FOI Coordinators and the Freedom of Information and Protection Services Office.
How do I qualify? Technical Knowledge
- You have good understanding of FIPPA and related regulations, principles, philosophy, intent and application of the legislation to respond to public inquiries
- You can acquire and apply knowledge of the Ministry's structure and program areas to direct FOI access to the appropriate office
Analytical and Judgment Skills
- You are able to review and assess FOI requests for accuracy and completeness ; identify inconsistencies and know when to refer matters to the Assistant FOI Coordinators
- You have the ability to determine the nature of incoming calls to make decisions regarding permissibility or confidentiality of information and to research and assess information.
- You are capable of determining and managing priorities in situations of multiple deadlines and when prioritizing work based on knowledge of compliance (FIPPA statutory deadlines) requirements.
- You have good judgment skills and political acuity to handle confidential matters with discretion
- You must be able to identify and assess FOI case management system problems
Organizational and Decision Making Skills
- You can resolve discrepancies or errors relating to correspondence, determine the extent of information to be provided when responding to telephone inquiries and determine which matters should be referred to Assistant FOI Coordinators for response.
- You have excellent organizational skills and flexibility to work as a team member in a high-pressured deadline driven unpredictable environment.
- You have proven ability to manage your own priorities and a high volume workload to meet compliance with legislated requirements and competing deadlines
- You have the ability to calculate fees, deposits, outstanding balances , issue invoices and ensure that all fees balance.
- You have strong oral and written communication skills to respond to inquiries and explain information relating to FIPPA to ministry staff, members of the public and municipalities;
- You have strong customer service focus and can develop and maintain effective working relationships
- You demonstrate tact and discretion when dealing with sensitive issues
- You have knowledge and experience in using computer software including Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint to prepare a variety of reports and materials
- You have knowledge of database applications to enter, track and update information relating to FOI requests
Additional Information: Address:
- 3 Temporary, duration up to 9 months, 40 St Clair Ave W, Toronto, Toronto Region