Information Technology Specialist Production And System Support Jobs Vacancy in Cofidential Toronto
- Information Technology Specialist Production And System Support
- Toronto ON
- 19 Dec, 2017 30+ days ago
Cofidential Toronto urgently required following position for Information Technology Specialist Production And System Support. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Information Technology Specialist Production And System Support Jobs Vacancy in Cofidential Toronto Jobs Details:
The IT Specialist - Production and System Support is an integral part of a small, nimble team within the organization. This role is responsible for providing production, system and user support and data infrastructure management for the software platform. This position must work proactively and effectively with the team and other technology and business partners to provide support and expertise in data management, infrastructure support and data analytics / event-processing software.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide systems development life cycle (SDLC)/production and user support services as assigned on the list of projects, and/or change management requests.
- Own the operations, maintenance and development of the backend of the software platform.
- Oversee the maintenance of a secure and effective health information database and data transmission process for service execution, program evaluation, research and reporting.
- Contribute in the preparation of system implementation plans and support procedures.
- Participate and contribute to the on-going development of the team by sharing information, knowledge, expertise and best practices on a regular basis.
- Ensure high quality work and maintenance of standards within own area of responsibility including capacity planning, patch deployment, data back-up and security.
- Prepare technical requirements and consistently maintain documentation.
- Provide on-going communications on project status and systems restrictions.
- Ensure that logs, audits, policies and procedures are implemented and respected.
- Provide ongoing development environment, system/user management and support to data.
- Some after-hours and weekend support may be required. * Oversee the customer support function to ensure support requests are addressed in a timely manner for users/customers/partners.
- Other project support initiatives, as assigned (or self-identified).
Qualifications and Skills
- Post-secondary degree: Computer Science, Engineering, or similar degree required.
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years of healthcare information and/or patient/customer relationship management experience.
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience in Information Management and Data Warehousing.
- Tangible experience with information technology, infrastructure architecture and application development; data and systems management;
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux is fundamental.
- Oracle administration and utilities, Java, virtual environments and knowledge of BizTalk, WebSphere, or TIBCO BusinessWorks is required. * Demonstrated history of being self-motivated, energetic, results-driven, and executing with excellence, using a team-oriented approach.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Uses strong communication skills to translate complex issues in easily understandable terms. * Strong verbal, written, presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects on time.
- Sound understanding of Unix/Linux, especially tuning Linus systems.
- Working knowledge of change management protocols.
- Demonstrated experience in process analytics and process flow documentation.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with system support, managing data solutions and development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Lean, Waterfall).
- Working experience with Source Code Repository systems and data lineage standards is essential, along with the ability to use revision control systems such as SVN.
- Proactive and organized, with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Works well independently, as well as within a team.
- Experience with orchestration workflows, high-level configuration management concepts and implementations and automation tools.
- Ability to use a scripting language such as Jscript and PHP is an asset.
- Understanding of networking, firewalls and load balancing.
- Working experience with software such as DHCPD, NTP, BIND and SSSD is an asset.
- Familiar with operating and/or developing Java applications is an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
- Information Technology: 1 year