Food Services Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Region Waterloo Waterloo
Region Waterloo Waterloo urgently required following position for Food Services Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Food Services Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Region Waterloo Waterloo Jobs Details:
Prepares and portions residents’ meals in dining rooms, per residents’ dietary profiles.
Works shifts, weekend hours, and statutory holidays, as scheduled.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of reading, writing, arithmetic, and food preparation skills normally acquired through a Grade 12 education, completion/enrollment in a Food Service Worker Certificate program, and knowledge of safe food handling practices acquired through a current Safe Food Handling Certificate and 1 year food service experience in a long term care facility.
- Knowledge of Regional and Divisional policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- A tuberculosis (TB) test and annual influenza immunization are required.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to respond pleasantly and professionally to demands; interact with staff, residents, and families and have a basic understanding of the geriatric population; and participate as an effective team member.
- Organizational, time management, and problem solving skills to work independently, adhere to schedules, prioritize tasks and complete work in a timely manner.
- Ability to make accurate mental calculations (e.g., portion sizes, number of dishes, preparing beverages).
- Ability to read and understand policies, procedures, and instructions (e.g., resident diet profiles, work assignments, product labels, menus and menu modifications, temperature charts). Ability to complete forms, requisitions, temperature checklists, and record information in the communication log book.
- Ability to work shifts, weekend hours, and statutory holidays, as scheduled.
- Must provide an acceptable Police Vulnerable Sector Check (level 3).
- Ability to support and project the Region’s values.
Please apply online, by the closing date May 31, 2018 quoting competition number 2018-1066, or drop off your resume to the Region of Waterloo, Information Desk located on the main floor at 150 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.