Airline Customer Service Representative Jobs Vacancy in Porter Airlines Inc Toronto
Porter Airlines Inc Toronto urgently required following position for Airline Customer Service Representative. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Airline Customer Service Representative Jobs Vacancy in Porter Airlines Inc Toronto Jobs Details:
Reporting to the Manager, Customer Service – YTZ and working collaboratively with the broader team, the Customer Service Representative contributes to the efficient day-to-day operations of the department and delivers an elevated level of attentive and thoughtful service to Porter passengers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate a refined level of Customer Service
- Check-in passengers for flights at the ticket counter, assign seats, issue boarding passes and verify passenger identification and travel documents
- Tag passenger bags to correct destinations
- Board passengers onto flights, tag gate checked bags and verify travel documents
- Make pre-boarding and general boarding announcements
- Monitor carry-on luggage and operate jetways, canopies and aircraft doors
- Assist all passengers with special needs including passengers in wheelchairs, unaccompanied minors, visual and hearing impaired passengers
- Assist arriving passengers and oversee the Domestic and International Arrivals baggage area
- Verify identification and direct connection passengers through the airport
- Provide assistance to passengers whose baggage is mishandled or damaged
- Maintain accurate records and update passenger files
- Complete detailed and Accurate pre-departure paperwork, including Weight and Balance.
- Assist other CSR’s where required in performing other functions
- Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including, reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
- Other Duties as assigned
- Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
- Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
- Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
- Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
- Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
- Ability to work on a permanent basis in Canada
- Experience in a customer service environment, preferably in the airline industry
- Ability to obtain necessary security clearances
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to multitask and handle stressful situations
- Need to be detailed oriented
- Have a proven positive track record when handling difficult situations and customers
- Dependability (must have a clear attendance record and reliable on-time reporting for work
- Able to work rotating shifts including days, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be capable of lifting/pushing/pulling up to 50lbs on a regular basis
- Must be able to assist with wheelchair transfers and all special service request passengers
- Supports and adheres to all company policies
- Ability to communicate and correspond clearly and precisely in English