Manufacturing Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Tfi Aerospace Corporation Orangeville
Tfi Aerospace Corporation Orangeville urgently required following position for Manufacturing Supervisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Manufacturing Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Tfi Aerospace Corporation Orangeville Jobs Details:
TFI Aerospace prides itself on its team environment, and believes in playing an active role in the community. Business growth has created an opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Supervisor. The Manufacturing Supervisor reports to the President, or his designate (i.e. General Manager).
A hands-on position which is accountable for the day-to-day operation of all areas of the shop floor production. In this capacity the Manufacturing Supervisor is expected to exhibit strong leadership, excellent organization, and outstanding communication skills. Manufacturing experience in a metal working environment is essential to this position. Knowledge of cold forging, wire drawing, thread rolling and heat treatment would be an asset.
He/She needs to have good knowledge of reading engineering drawings, GD&T and tolerance control. Experience in procurement and inventory control is essential to sustain the scheduling demands of the complete production process as well as the ability to manage a changing environment. Establishing a good working relationship with the Engineering, Quality, Sales, and Customer Service departments is essential for the success of this position.
It is expected that he/she will work closely with all areas of the business in implementing a continuous improvement culture within the organization through rigorous compliance to TFI Quality Management System and its inherent continuous improvement cycles.
Duties and responsibilities
- Establish production priorities.
- Co-ordinates the job scheduling requirements relating to all areas of production
- Ensure high product quality and minimize scrap rates.
- Conduct work in a safe and considerate manner, ensuring all Health and Safety policies are followed, and WHMIS labeling requirements are met.
- Co-ordinates, oversees, and supervises the manufacturing operations of TFI Aerospace to include production, receiving and shipping
- Ensures all appropriate tooling and maintenance procurement is sustained
- Assists all shop floor team members with daily priorities
- Acts as the liaison between all departments
- Works with Human Resources on conducting probationary and annual employee appraisals
- Assists the TFI Management Team in the development of strategies and tools to define TFI’s production system
- Leads and coaches TFI Aerospace team members in the use of 5S, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen methodologies
- Uses all necessary resources to implement improvements to the production system.
- Works with Human Resources to develop training programs and assist in leading the organization through learning, promoting, and sustaining a culture of identifying opportunities, disciplined problem solving, and statistical thinking
- Assists the company Management Team in leading the organization through cultural change to an environment of continuous improvement
- Assists Management in planning and deploying lean initiatives that will produce cost savings, productivity improvement, quality improvement, and improved manufacturing efficiency
- Works closely with the Quality Department to ensure compliance to the Quality system is maintained. Will participate in, and take all, corrective and preventative measures to eliminate product and system deviations. Will ensure that production operations comply with all requirements of TFI AS9100 compliance requirements
- Actively works with the Joint Health and Safety Committee in the promotion of well-being in the work place
Skills & Abilities
- Have a strong mechanical aptitude and well-developed troubleshooting skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team communication skills
- Quality focused and detail oriented.
- Organized and able to follow production priorities.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Post-secondary education with an emphasis on manufacturing, mechanical or industrial engineering preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience in a problem solving role on cross-functional teams
- Excellent technical skills
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes, and practical experience in a manufacturing environment
- General understanding of internal economic factors (cost, margins, profit impact of decisions) affecting assignment areas
- Proven leadership qualities with supervisory experience
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Self-starter, results oriented
Education & Experience
- At least 10 years working in a manufacturing environment using tight tolerances.
- Experience working with aerospace specifications and products is an asset
- Ability to read engineering drawings and specifications
- Training in classical lean manufacturing approaches in a recognized proven production system (GE, TPS, BPS, or equivalent) is an asset
- Knowledgeable on quality systems and measuring techniques.
- Ability to work in a typical manufacturing environment
Job Type: Full-time