Specialty Infusion Nurse North Vancouver Jobs Vacancy in Bayshore Healthcare North Vancouver
Bayshore Healthcare North Vancouver urgently required following position for Specialty Infusion Nurse North Vancouver. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Specialty Infusion Nurse North Vancouver Jobs Vacancy in Bayshore Healthcare North Vancouver Jobs Details:
Bayshore Specialty Rx offers the highest level of safety, comfort and clinical expertise and we are looking for exceptional nurses to join our Vancouver team. Bayshore offers specialty pharmaceutical therapies for oncology, immune-oncology, neurology, and rheumatoid arthritis, with more than 67,000 patient visits and over 58 drugs administered. Being outside of the hospital setting, Bayshore is able to provide exceptional patient care by ensuring low nurse-to-patient ratios, as well as a safe and comfortable work environment for our nursing team.
Are you an independent leader, and do you thrive in a patient focused cutting edge specialty environment. If yes, let us know. We look forward to speaking to you about this exciting opportunity.
The infusion nurse, under the direction of the Specialty Nursing Supervisor and/or Regional Infusion Clinic Manager, delivers and monitors specialized infusion or injectable pharmacological treatments in the home or clinic setting. The infusion nurse is responsible to monitor the client for infusion related reactions, intervene as required, accurately document the transfusion, and submit transfusion report in a timely manner. The infusion nurse is expected to maintain effective communication with the Specialty Nursing Supervisor to ensure patient safety and satisfaction. Specialized pharmacological training will be provided.
This position offers a self-scheduling method with flexible hours while maintaining a consistent patient base. Bayshore is the forefront of specialty medication and care. We are looking for a nurse that can act independently and in a leader for the North Vancouver area. Additional work is available in our other Greater Vancouver areas.
NURSING DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and review nursing care plans that are individualized to each client;
- Conducts patient health assessments and medication administration teaching;
- Obtain IV access through peripheral IV initiation or central line access (PICC, IVAD, etc.);
- Prepares and administers a variety of specialized intravenous or injectable pharmacological treatments;
- Provide client care by utilizing the skills of observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, counseling, health teaching, and reporting any adverse events to immediate supervisor or required stakeholders;
- Perform routine nursing duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and CARNA standards;
- Provide patient centered care according to the established care plan or medical directive;
- Perform specialized nursing procedures for which recognized training and current competency have been demonstrated and completed;
- Observe and document client conditions;
- Acts as a resource to other Infusion Nurses by providing support and direction as needed;
- Understands and implements infection prevention practices;
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities;
- Adheres to Bayshore policies and procedures;
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System;
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns;
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information;
- Completes other tasks as requested.
- Graduated from an accredited nursing education program with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree or equivalent;
- Current registration and in good standing with provincial nursing regulatory body
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) certification;
- Current Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification is an asset.
- Experience in acute care and/or with transfusions;
- Experience with home care is an asset;
- Critical care (e.g., ER or ICU), infusion clinic, or oncology experience is preferred;
- Exceptional peripheral IV initiation skills;
- Experience with central lines (IVAD, PICC, etc.) is an asset;
- Previous nursing management or in a leadership role is an asset;
- Exceptional client assessment skills
- Strong communication skills
- Able to manage relationships with exceptional customer service;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations;
- Able to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team;
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks;
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to client care;
- Able to transcribe physician’s orders;
- Valid drivers license.