Marketing Special Events Manager Volunteer Position Jobs Vacancy in The Companion Animal Welfare Society Edmonton
- Marketing Special Events Manager Volunteer Position
- The Companion Animal Welfare Society
- Edmonton AB
- 15 Feb, 2018 30+ days ago
The Companion Animal Welfare Society Edmonton urgently required following position for Marketing Special Events Manager Volunteer Position. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Marketing Special Events Manager Volunteer Position Jobs Vacancy in The Companion Animal Welfare Society Edmonton Jobs Details:
The Marketing/Special Events Manager of the CAWS is responsible for the development and implementation of the marketing and public relations plans for The CAWS. This position develops sponsorship/trade/business arrangements and relationships with businesses, individuals and organizations interested in supporting the CAWS’ events and activities. This position will work in coordination with the Special Events Coordinator on other projects as assigned by the Board, and other volunteers in promoting The CAWS.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee planning, implementation and follow-up for all special events and annual receptions
- Coordinate event logistics, publicity, including public relations, advertising and collateral material design, production and distribution
- Responsible for the development and fulfillment of the events and marketing budgets
- Cultivate and expand sponsorship development and fulfillment
- Annually develop and implement marketing plans and materials
- Write, submit and follow-up to ensure placement on press releases and stories to established contacts with local and regional media
- Maintain and broaden social networking to benefit the organization
- Actively participate and staff committees as necessary and appropriate
- Assist the Board in other job related duties
- Research and document information for marketing for the CAWS
- Oversee maintenance of website, Facebook, newsletter, Twitter, and Instagram
- Ensure Social Media is updated weekly with upcoming attendance events of the CAWS
- Attends at least one Volunteer meeting semi-annually
Qualifications and Skills
- Prefer a minimum of 2 to 4 years experience in a paid/volunteer special events, marketing and website management position. Evidence of successful event, sponsorship, marketing, public relations, website and business development/relationship programs an asset
- Graduation from a 4-year college or university required. A 2-year degree with a minimum 5 years related work experience, preferably with a nonprofit organization, may substitute Event, communication, marketing and/or public relations experience desirable.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Ability to write a business letter, an article, and a press release
- Comfortable and competent in making presentations to group
- Position requires demonstrated applied skills in word processing, website maintenance and other computer software, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and the ability to learn fundraising and web design and management computer software programs
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to maintain positive, regular communication with colleagues and partners and to work cooperatively with people from diverse backgrounds and with different types of personalities
- This position will require a weekly commitment from the volunteer, with a monthly commitment of at least 20 hours
- This position must be able to stay professional and friendly to volunteers, businesses and the public
- Have a valid membership with the CAWS
Volunteering is a great addiiton to any resume!! You will also help in finding 100's of dogs and cats each year a forever home.
Job Type: Volunteer
- Marketing: 1 year
- High school or equivalent