Seasonal Labourer Jobs Vacancy in City Brampton Brampton
City Brampton Brampton urgently required following position for Seasonal Labourer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Seasonal Labourer Jobs Vacancy in City Brampton Brampton Jobs Details:
Under the direction of the Team lead, Foreperson, Coordinator and or Supervisor on duty, keep parks, open spaces, and outdoor amenities safe, clean and accessible. Ensure the safe operation of small and large equipment and vehicles and ensure compliance to all park rules and regulations, creating an enjoyable experience for all visitors.
- Turf maintenance – fertilizing, mowing, trimming, seeding, watering, weeding, leaf/turf removal
- Gardening/Greenhouse – soil management, prepare, maintain and plant flowerbeds/displays
- Pruning, fertilizing, preparing, planting and staking of trees and shrubs
- Perform litter pick up and washroom cleaning in any park/facility maintained by the City
- Report all concerns, accidents and incidents to immediate supervisor for follow up and take appropriate action
- Change garbage barrels throughout the parks and pick up glass
- Clean and maintain park furniture and other amenities
- Set up/take down for special events and permit holders
- Ground person while staff are working aloft
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner (eg. incident/accident reports, written records of duties, opening and closing procedures, Quality Assurance Inspections)
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation, care and maintenance of tools, equipment and vehicles including daily circle checks and reporting defects
- Perform parking control duties; maintain and direct traffic flow
- Monitor park patrons to ensure compliance with park rules and regulations, that park security is maintained and rental contracts are adhered to
- Maintain complete vigilance while on duty and be ready to respond to any emergency situation
- Communicate courteously with the general public and where necessary refer them to appropriate supervisor
- Understand, adhere to, and enforce Corporate Policies & Procedures, Confidentiality Guidelines, Emergency Procedures and Health and Safety Standards for all participants and staff
- Attend meetings/training as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Current Standard First Aid / CPR C / AED from an accredited organization
- Submit or agree to a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Must be able to obtain in-house City of Brampton Operators Permit
- G2 for entry level positions – may be required dependant on position
- Ability to successfully acquire City of Brampton Drivers and Equipment permits
Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Part time Job Type: Non-Union
Applications must be received by September 28, 2018
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by September 28, 2018. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.