Intern Naval Architecture Jobs Vacancy in Seaspan Ulc North Vancouver
Seaspan Ulc North Vancouver urgently required following position for Intern Naval Architecture. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Intern Naval Architecture Jobs Vacancy in Seaspan Ulc North Vancouver Jobs Details:
As a Intern, Naval Architecture at Seaspan, you will be responsible for assisting Structural Engineers and Senior Naval Architects in the successful completion of engineering tasks. This is a unique opportunity to get exposure to Naval Architecture beyond the design phase and into concept preparations through to production engineering and finally to the construction of the vessel. In this role, you will provide day-to-day support while assisting and coordinating specific activities, including:
- Estimation and monitoring of weight integration in ONE system.
- Statistical regression of historical weight data.
- Graphing weight data.
- Systematic approach through weight group breakdown (WBS).
- Create an interface between two programs (ShipWeight and ShipConstructor) for continuous, fast and reliable weight estimation from early design to sea launch.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficiency working with CAD/CAM software suite including AutoCAD.
- Strong technical skills including the ability to read and interpret technical specifications and drawings.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel/Word/ PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, meet project deadlines and problem solve.
Pay Rate - $21.50 per hour