Technical Trainee Jobs Vacancy in City Toronto Toronto
City Toronto Toronto urgently required following position for Technical Trainee. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Technical Trainee Jobs Vacancy in City Toronto Toronto Jobs Details:
Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as a Technical Trainee within the City Clerk's Office.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Technical Trainee will be responsible for the following:
- Assists in site inspections and surveys. Takes photos. Delivers notices. Records data.
- Assists with marking and measuring.
- Assists with collecting, organizing and presenting of information/field notes/sketches/reports from field investigations and site visits.
- Completes timely and accurate data entry into an electronic data repository.
- Assists with maintaining equipment.
- Assists in performing technical tests.
- Assists with collecting samples for others to analyze.
- Assists with indexing, searching, retrieving and filing of records.
- Assist with administrative responsibilities of the business unit such as; responding to inquiries (in person, over the phone or via email), photocopying/faxing, sorting, collating, etc.
- Provides support and assistance with day-to-day coordination of the Voter Data Services portfolio.
- Assists with the preparation and quality assurance of assembling the Voters' Lists.
- Provides front counter assistance.
- Travels to various locations.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Currently enrolled in, or a recent graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma program in Information Technology, Building Sciences or other similar program area.
- Experience working in a customer service environment, responding to customer enquiries and dealing directly with staff and the public in person and by phone.
- Experience with various technical hardware (i.e., Laptops, Tablets, Desktop PC, Scanners, Wireless Networks).
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. MS Access, Word, Excel and Outlook).
You must also have:
- Knowledge of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
- Problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision both independently and as part of a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform office duties such as creating and formatting documents, filing and answering phone inquiries.
- Staff must be available to work from July to December 2018.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
Accommodation: The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce reflecting the citizens we serve. We provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy. You can request for accommodation related to the protected grounds at any stage of the City's hiring process, i.e., application, assessment and placement.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in applying for this position, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the job ID #2304146 and the job classification title. If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, we ask that you provide your accommodation needs in advance at that time. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
Engineer Engineering Trainee Jobs Vacancy in Bruce Power Tiverton. Bruce Power Tiverton opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Engineer Engineering Trainee position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 22 Jun, 2018. Engineering Trainee (Occupation Code 670207). Requires strong technical writing skills for preparing specifications, work instructions, asset management... ... Continue reading -->
Elevating Devices Mechanic Apprentice Jobs Vacancy in Delta Elevator Kitchener. Delta Elevator Kitchener opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Elevating Devices Mechanic Apprentice position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 04 May, 2018. Successful candidates with sufficient qualifications will be registered with the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) as an Elevating Devices... ... Continue reading -->
Technical Trainee Jobs Vacancy in Engineered Air Calgary. Engineered Air Calgary opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Technical Trainee position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 15 May, 2018. Preparation of equipment performance data and specifications. Detailed mechanical layout of air handling units. Special construction details. Hydronic or gas... ... Continue reading -->
Technical Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Hamilton Health Sciences Corporation Hamilton. Hamilton Health Sciences Corporation Hamilton opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Technical Specialist position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 20 Jun, 2018. Participate in training CCMG Fellows, Mitchener Students and other trainees. Use knowledge base and experience to guide, mentor and support trainees and new... ... Continue reading -->
Management Trainees Jobs Vacancy in Toromont Industries Ltd Concord. Toromont Industries Ltd Concord opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Management Trainees position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 19 May, 2018. Each trainee will also participate in a 3 to 6 month rotation at one or more of our various branches in Manitoba, Nunavut, Ontario and Newfoundland/Labrador.... ... Continue reading -->