Personal Support Worker Psw Jobs Vacancy in Modern Angels Healthcare Arthur
Modern Angels Healthcare Arthur urgently required following position for Personal Support Worker Psw. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Personal Support Worker Psw Jobs Vacancy in Modern Angels Healthcare Arthur Jobs Details:
Modern Angels Healthcare Agency
Personal Support Worker
Location: Mississauga - N0G 1A0
Position Summary: Personal Support Worker
A Personal Support Worker is responsible for personal care, socialization, emotional support, and related health services to clients to maintain the activities of daily living in the home. This may include bathing, toileting, dressing, feeding, mobility, transfers, sorting and bagging linen, making and changing beds, light cleaning and tidying, and supporting client independence regarding medications. The PSW is responsible for monitoring and reporting changes in the client's behaviour and condition. All support activities are performed in a manner that encourages the client's independence.
- Customer Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- PSW certification from a recognized educational institution
- Registered under the PSW registry of Ontario (PSWregistry.org)
- Valid Police Clearance
- Must have current CPR and First Aid certification
- Experience in providing homemaking and personal support activities, including care of young adults, seniors and/or children.
- Possess a compassionate and flexible nature and a client and family centered approach to care giving.
- Demonstrate ability to recognize safety issues and follow safe work practices
- Must be able to meet physical demand requirements of the role
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and as a part of the team
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal and written English language skills
- Requires good judgment, problem solving and assessment abilities
- Ability to travel between assignments by public transportation or by car
- Flexibility to work weekends, nights and days.
- Ability to speak a second language is a definite asset.
- Experience working in the community, home setting, hospital setting, long term care, retirement home
- Must have a positive outlook and is eager to learn
Job Type: Casual
- Support Care: 1 year
- Arthur, ON N0G 1A0