Administration Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Tulip Festival Ottawa
Canadian Tulip Festival Ottawa urgently required following position for Administration Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administration Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Tulip Festival Ottawa Jobs Details:
The Canadian Tulip Legacy seeks an Administration Assistant to help in the administrative tasks surrounding the Canadian Tulip Festival.
The successful candidate will:
- Assess the need for improvements, developing, and implementing administrative policies, practices, and procedures
- Answer all general inquiry phone calls and emails
- Create general office correspondence, forms and various other documents as needed
- Coordinate group activities and social events
- Keep record of staff information; including access keys
- Identify office space needs, planning for future requirements, making suggestions of office reorganization and implementation
- Analyze and assess office equipment needs and purchases
- Implement and maintain a contact database
- Manage filing system
- Perform general administration support for staff, such as preparing documents, couriers, copies, scans, following up on deadlines, etc
- Support staff when needed
- Perform other related duties as required
Candidates with a background in Administration, Human Resources, Records Management, Archival Studies, Informational Studies, or a related field would be considered an asset but not a requirement. The candidate would have to be an avid learner eager to develop and gain new skills and knowledge. An interest in and knowledge of Canadian history and/or the Canadian Tulip Festival would be considered an asset. The candidate would have to be comfortable communicating in person, and via email and phone. They would need to be comfortable using a computer, and knowledge of administrative practices. The candidate would also have to be comfortable working independently within a social environment. Having the ability to speak French is required.
Our organization is an equal opportunity employer and would welcome candidates who are women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and aboriginal peoples.
To be eligible the candidate must meet the following requirements:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act 2
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
The regular work week would be 30 hours; Tuesday to Friday. The length of assignment would be from June 25th, 2018 to August 17th, 2018. Deadline to apply is Sunday June 17, 2018. Please send a copy of your resume and cover letter through indeed.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $15.00 /hour