Worker Compensation Manager Region Jobs Vacancy in Gategroup Toronto
Gategroup Toronto urgently required following position for Worker Compensation Manager Region. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Worker Compensation Manager Region Jobs Vacancy in Gategroup Toronto Jobs Details:
Gate Gourmet has been serving the airline industry for more than 70 years and has become the world’s largest independent provider of airline catering and logistics. We prepare tens of thousands of tasty, nutritious passenger meals and snacks daily and reliably service more than 2 million flights a year in “last mile” operations worldwide.
gategroup is a leading global provider of products, services and solutions related to a passenger’s onboard experience. We specialize in catering and hospitality, provisioning and logistics; and onboard products and services to companies that serve people on the move.
This position acts, on a Canadian national scope, as a liaison between employees, management, insurance, medical providers, unions, and legal to ensure injured workers receive the best care possible while protecting the interests of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners nationally across Canada with insurance, healthcare providers, EHS, unit management, to establish good working relationships and manage complex claims
- Provides oversight across Canada to insurance, healthcare providers, and outside counsel to ensure adherence to applicable laws, company policy, and ethical standards
- Ensures that all Provincial specific processes and guidelines are documented and followed at each centre
- Oversees return to work programs, for all Canadian facilities, as a tool to promote injured workers’ recovery and manage costs
- Counsels managers in dealing with challenging situations and employees
- Fields questions from all Canadian centres, occasionally during off hours
- Monitors and reviews investigation reports and workers’ compensation folder paperwork for all Canadian centres
- Establishes and maintains systematic approach to manage transitional duty, lost time, and open claims
- Actively seek cost-saving measures by ensuring injured workers are treated with respect, compassion, and consistency and through timely and aggressive claims management
- Partnering with the Manager, Safety, collects and analyzes data for use in safety and incentive programs to assist in injury reduction across Canada
- Works with Corporate and National EHS teams to develop and revise policies and procedures
- Ensures consistent national unit compliance with company policies and procedures
- Monitors, reviews, and provides recommendations to Corporate Risk Manager concerning reserves for claims
- Reviews the allocation charges monthly with unit mangers and controller to explain charges, discuss potential charges for forecasting purposes, and identify, possible appeals
- Investigates and pursues denials on claims with questionable compensability
- Reviews Provincial OHS logs monthly to ensure compliance
- Acts as the Workers Compensation subject matter expert to support programs through JHS Committees
- Ensures records are retained in compliance with local, provincial, and federal laws
- Develops/updates, and implements training sessions for OHS recordkeeping, workers’ compensation folders, and injury investigation
- Participates in required meetings, including: Incident Review Boards, Claims Reviews, Regional Meetings, PRIDE, and others upon request
- Participates in on-going education to ensure current information on applicable laws, industry trends, and innovative approaches
- Sends monthly communications to unit and regional managers concerning injury trends and costs to help identify areas of concern and progress
- Trains and assists Workers Compensation Supervisors and manage the daily work of direct reports
- Visits occupational health clinics annually
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of experience in workers compensation
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Experience working in high stress, time sensitive environments
- At least 3 years supervisory or management experience
- Solid decision making and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work calmly with individuals in highly emotional states
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Self-starter requiring little supervision
- Strong analytical, organizational, and investigative skills
- Flexibility and responsiveness
- Good follow-through and sense of accountability
- Detail oriented
- Solid computer skills, including advanced MS Office knowledge and ability to learn claims management program
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective presenting and teaching abilities
- French language a plus
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- HR designation or in progress
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time, in week-long increments
- Flexibility to assist in other regions as needed
- Regularly required to talk and hear
- Regularly required to sit, stand, and walk and occasionally bend, stoop, and squat
- Regularly required to use hands to key, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25lbs
- Kitchen environments may have physical discomforts due to temperature and noise
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
- Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment criminal check.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
gategroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or other ground under applicable law.
Gate Gourmet Canada Inc. is pleased to accommodate applicants who have a disability up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please inform our Recruitment Team if you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process.
For best results, apply using Chrome or Firefox as your Internet browser.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your password click here.