Administrative And Student Affairs Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Mcgill University Montréal
Mcgill University Montréal urgently required following position for Administrative And Student Affairs Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative And Student Affairs Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Mcgill University Montréal Jobs Details:
Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, provides administrative and secretarial support for administrative and student affairs activities. Participates in ensuring the smooth functioning of the unit's operations. Responsible for documents and files of unit. Acts as resource person for policies and procedures. Coordinates activities related to admission, examinations, registration and graduation. Advises students and resolves problems in relation to their files. Edits documents for grammar and accuracy. Administers unit accounts.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acts as resource person regarding academic and administrative policies and procedures. Resolves problems within area of responsibility. Consults relevant documentation and liaises with appropriate internal and external resource persons to obtain and provide information on diverse and complex issues.
- Participates in ensuring the smooth functioning of the unit. Collects and presents factual information relating to area of responsibility, and recommends procedural changes to improve the effective functioning of the unit. Collaborates with supervisor and other staff in establishing work priorities. Follows-up on and ensures appropriate implementation of decisions made by supervisor.
- Receives and provides detailed information and explanations to students. Controls enrolment in courses. Participates in the organization of admissions and registration. Prepares, examines and verifies admissions and registration files related to courses and programs. Completes and approves forms concerning course or program changes, interdepartmental or interuniversity registration, and residency and internship programs.
- Advises students in relation to their files. Resolves problems. Ensures the application of academic regulations and deadlines. According to the needs of the unit, prepares residency rotation and other student activity schedules, contacting the necessary officials to coordinate and verify placement.
- Compiles information, verifies and updates timetables and calendar entries. Coordinates submission to central scheduling system and acts as a contact person for the unit. Maintains a current file of courses, calendars, programs, students and graduates.
- Administers accounts for unit. Prepares budgets or budget proposals. Monitors and reconciles various accounts, statements and reports. Identifies and analyses discrepancies and errors. Ensures that tuition fees and other student fees are properly assessed. Corrects errors and follows up on problems. Records expenses and provides account statements on request.
- Produces reports and statistics. Takes note and types various documents such as correspondence, reports, memos, etc. Updates, prepares and coordinates publication of documents such as publicity brochures, departmental handbooks, and annual reports, including maintaining and updating web pages. Drafts correspondence and other short documents of a complex nature. Formats documents and edits for grammar, spelling and accuracy. Signs certain documents.
- Schedules meetings, contacts participants and books meeting rooms. Assists with preparation of agenda. Attends meetings, takes minutes, and follows up on decisions within area of responsibility.
- Receives and screens telephone calls. Provides information to visitors, determines reason for visit and prepares necessary documents. Directs callers and visitors to appropriate resource persons. Assesses need for intervention of other resource persons and arranges appointments as necessary.
- Coordinates arrangements for events such as symposia and conferences. Makes travel arrangements.
- Ensures inventory and purchases supplies and equipment. Arranges for servicing of office equipment. Sells some items such as course notes and maintains cash box.
Education & Experience:
DEP (Secretarial/Office Systems)
Four (4) years' related experience
Other Qualifying Skills And/Or Abilities:
Must be client-focused and service-oriented with a proven ability to provide excellent customer service to a variety of clients (academics, students, other administrators). Demonstrated experience working with students and knowledge of student policies and procedures. Demonstrated initiative, organizational skills and excellent attention to detail. Proven ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet deadlines, attention to detail and strong organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to perform under pressure and be resourceful. Effective communication skills (ability to clearly transmit and receive information both in writing and verbally). Effective public speaking skills. Knowledge of accounting principles and experience with financial tasks such as expense reports, purchase order setup and invoice payments. Strong computing skill with ability to use advanced software –Webpage creation (HTML highly desirable), Word and Excel. Experience with McGill applications (uApply, Minerva, GPSO-FAD, GPS and Student Record Web Forms, BSAC, Banner SIS. English (spoken and written) and French (spoken and read).
Internship and Field Studies Officer
$22.94 - $31.65
Faculty of Science
Hours Per Week:
Overtime required during special events
How To Apply:
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number:
McGill University, Faculty of Science, HR Services
853 Sherbrooke Street West (Dawson Hall), room 314
apo.science [at] mcgill.ca
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED WITHIN EIGHT (8) WORKING DAYS OF THE DATE OF PUBLICATION.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities and others who may contribute to further diversification.