Resource Lab Technologist Routine Chemistry Jobs Vacancy in Sickkids Toronto
Sickkids Toronto urgently required following position for Resource Lab Technologist Routine Chemistry. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Resource Lab Technologist Routine Chemistry Jobs Vacancy in Sickkids Toronto Jobs Details:
The Resource Lab Technologist will provide comprehensive technical expertise, provide lead direction, and be responsible for the overall quality of the for the Rountine Biochemistry area of the Core Laboratory.
Here’s What You’ll Get To Do:
- Perform testing on patient samples and provide technical expertise in the field of Routine Biochemistry.
- Liaise with the Division Manager, Medical Director and other staff to ensure the laboratory adheres to the accredited standards of practice and contributes to the development of best practice.
- Oversee Installation, Operation, and Performance Qualifications for the Biochemistry area of the laboratory
- Assure that all necessary training requirements of lab staff are met.
- Provide training to technologists, students and clinical fellows and residents.
- Participate and contribute in R&D activities to enhance services in the field of Routine Biochemistry.
- Develop and maintain policy and procedure that reflect current laboratory practice.
- Perform documentation control, maintenance and performance of quality assurance, in addition to materials management, specimen coding and billing, preventative maintenance of equipment and other duties as requested.
- Certification as a Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) with preferably an ART or Bachelor of Science degree.
- Registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO).
- Master’s degree and/or research experience, and evidence of continuing education in Biochemistry an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years current experience in Routine Biochemistry.
- Demonstrated competencies in analytical skills, team building and written/oral communications.
- Ability to take initiative, be self-motivated, and adapt (i.e. to new technologies and processes).
- High accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with the multidisciplinary team.
- Effective time management and ability to set priorities.
- Critical thinking skills to effectively problem-solve and deliver service.
- Solid computer skills are an asset.
This position offers full benefits including health and dental coverage, vacation time, sick time, personal days, LTD, life insurance and the opportunity to participate in the SickKids Pension plan.