Intermediate Project Planner Jobs Vacancy in Worleyparsons Calgary
Worleyparsons Calgary urgently required following position for Intermediate Project Planner. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Intermediate Project Planner Jobs Vacancy in Worleyparsons Calgary Jobs Details:
WorleyParsons is a recognized leader in providing professional services to the energy, resources, chemicals and infrastructure industries, and we continue to push boundaries and extend our capabilities around the world. We cover the full lifecycle – from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets on a global scale – taking pride in providing safe and high-quality services that exceed our clients’ expectations.
- Is familiar with, and is fully capable of application of skills and methods in cost engineering, estimating and planning engineering as contained in AACE and PMI (PMBOK) standard practices
- Sound understanding of project delivery phases, activities performed in each phase, and deliverables at the end of each phase – Constructability & VIP reviews/ Cost Estimate/ Execution Plan / PFD / P&ID / HAZOP / 3-D Equipment and Piping Model / Plot Plan / SLD / Ortho’s & Isometric production / E, I&C Installation drawings / Loop Drawings / CWP / etc.
- Have experience working on major EPCM and / or EPC (LSTK) contracts, in working on projects within the Oil and Gas, Power and industrial sectors
- Strong knowledge of, and the interrelationship of a good technical project scope definition, quality of the schedule and estimate, construction sequence and execution, procurement and contracting strategies, commissioning and start up
- Strong working knowledge of coding structures for EPC projects – WBS, EPS, OBS, RBS, Client Coding Requirements
- Capable of setting up project schedule in accordance with good project management practices based on critical path methodology (Level I to IV Work Schedules), which describes the sequence of work and identifies the significant task interdependencies required to meet the project scope of work
- Working experience with scheduling (and cost control) softwares; able to put activities in schedules, assign resources (in conjunction with CBS), identify critical paths and high risk activities, producing progress S-curves and histograms, and do analysis on how long it will take to accomplish the project
- Full understanding of cross-functional interfaces with, and deliverables engineering, procurement – materials & sub-contracts, estimating, cost management, construction & commissioning, safety, quality, finance/accounting, and document control
- Capable of managing impact of change & trends and resulting re-schedules / re-baselines
- Capable of developing and managing EPC progress through activities and deliverables using earned value (EVM), cost and schedule performance indicators CPI / SPI / MPI
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Measurement (EVM – ANSI EIA-748B) in engineering, procurement & construction
- Strong experience with planning / scheduling systems and tools – Primavera P7, Cost Measurement tools, Progress and Performance Measurement tools (including Time Management systems)
- Working knowledge of schedule risk analysis process and tools – quantitative
- Possess extensive experience in progress measurements and progress reporting for engineering, procurement and construction
- Ability to work well as an integral part of a large project team that includes the customer, engineering disciplines, construction management team, and 3rd party suppliers
- Capable of developing and delivering a professional presentation in slide show, report and verbal format for an audience of 5+ persons
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, individuals both inside and outside the project team
- Strong work ethic, produces accurate and credible deliverables, meet deadlines
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience:
- Five plus (5+) years of progressive experience in project planning and scheduling, earned value & risk analysis, performance measurement, and milestones & project auditing.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
WorleyParsons will offer you a competitive compensation and benefits package, plus a friendly, professional and dynamic working environment with the opportunity to develop your career prospects within Canada and on a global scale.
When you join WorleyParsons, you’ll join an equal opportunity employer that believes in the inherent benefits of a diverse workplace and that promotes inclusion and flexibility. We encourage applications from a diverse population of people that reflect the range of countries, cultures and contexts spanned by our operations. Our people are at the heart of our processes – we value everyone’s personal wellbeing and contributions.
Only those candidates with appropriate qualifications and experience will be contacted directly.
Please note: No agency representation or submissions will be recognized for this vacancy.