Cluster Housekeeping Associates Jobs Vacancy in Compass Group Canada Vancouver
Compass Group Canada Vancouver urgently required following position for Cluster Housekeeping Associates. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Cluster Housekeeping Associates Jobs Vacancy in Compass Group Canada Vancouver Jobs Details:
We are currently hiring for highly motivated and enthusiastic Housekeeping Associates to perform all aspects of housekeeping services at our various Hospitals and Residential Care Homes.
Hiring Locations: Mount St. Joseph's Hospital
Shift: 11:00 am - 6:15 pm ~ Monday to Friday
Duties Include but not limited to:
- Reports to Supervisor - Housekeeping Services. Performs a variety of cleaning duties such as but not limited to damp dusting; dry and wet mopping of floors; floor maintenance and refinishing using appropriate equipment; wall, vent, washroom, bed, furniture and equipment cleaning & disinfecting; regular and biomedical waste collection and removal; hazardous spill clean-up; distribution and pick up of clean and soiled linen; bed-making; and maintaining the overall cleanliness of the facility according to Crothall policies, procedures and routines.
- Cleans and maintains areas such as floors, stairways, and carpets by performing tasks such as sweeping, vacuuming, shampooing, dry/wet mopping, auto scrubbing, and floor refinishing which includes stripping, sealing, floor finish application and polishing
- Cleans and maintains items such as patient contact items, beds, over bed tables, commodes, chairs, IV poles, lights and bedside tables by washing and damp dusting
- Cleans and disinfects areas and items such as surgical procedure areas, washrooms, O.R. tables, stretchers, vents, interior windows, walls, glass doors and mirrors by washing and damp dusting.
- Empties waste containers ( including sharps & glass) from a variety of areas such as patient rooms, soiled rooms, offices and lobbies. Disposes of waste according to waste stream (regular, biomedical and other) transports to central collection area.
- Picks up soiled linen from units and transports to designated collection area
- Distributes clean linen according to quota to designated areas of facility.
- Strips and washes beds, collects clean linen and makes beds according to instructions of area. Collects and folds linen such as towels, gowns, washcloths and replenishes bedside table and washrooms. Removes and re-hangs bedside curtains using equipment such as step ladders.
- Follows required cleaning procedures for terminal and isolation cleaning and hazardous spills. Completes task sheets and /or discusses any concerns, issues with immediate supervisor.
- Keeps areas immediately outside staff and public entrances and walkways clean by sweeping, power washing and removing waste.
- Moves, transports furniture and other items such as recycling/shredding materials to a designated area; moves furniture and sets up rooms for events such as project patient room cleaning, patient activities and meetings.
- Attends in-services, departmental meetings, and education programs such as WHMIS, Standard Precautions, and Infection Control as required to keep current with housekeeping technology, practices, safety issues, and Crothall company policies and procedures.
- Previous housekeeping experience, preferably in healthcare, hotel or commercial cleaning is an asset
- Physical ability to perform all aspects of the job, including able to lift up to 20 pounds
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
NOTE: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Proof of Immunizations and Tuberculosis Screen Testing Results are conditions of employment. **
***When applying please reference hiring location of interest in your application**
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Preference will be given to internal applicants, however external applicants are encouraged to apply as they will also be considered, as well as added to list of shortlisted candidates. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!