Lso Fors Practices Forester Extended Jobs Vacancy in Public Service Fort St James
Public Service Fort St James urgently required following position for Lso Fors Practices Forester Extended. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Lso Fors Practices Forester Extended Jobs Vacancy in Public Service Fort St James Jobs Details:
Licensed Science Officer (Forester) 2
Salary $55,601.52 - $69,445.80 annually plus $38.87 Bi-weekly Isolation Allowance in Fort St. James
2 positions available in Fort St James
An eligibility list may be established for the Stuart – Netchako Business Area
Applicants who do not fully meet the required qualifications may be considered for this position, but at a lower classification.
An exciting multi-faceted opportunity in forest management planning with the Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development, BC Timber Sales.
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) plans, develops, and sells through auction, a substantial and representative portion of the Province’s annual available timber volume. The bid prices received from auctioned timber support the Market Pricing System (MPS) in setting stumpage rates for coastal and interior operating areas of the province. The costs incurred by BCTS also provide data for the Tenure Obligation Adjustments, contributing to another integral part of the MPS.
The goal of BCTS is to provide credible representative price and cost benchmark data for the MPS through auctions of public timber. BCTS has three objectives supporting its goal.
- Sell the full BCTS allowable apportionment over the business cycle, consistent with safe practices and sustainable forest management.
- Generate net direct revenue and indirect provincial government revenue over the business cycle.
- Pursue continuous business improvement within BCTS, across government, and with third party partners and customers.
The Practices Forester is accountable for performing a wide variety of professional services including operational planning, cut block and forest road layout and development, planning and evaluating silviculture activities, and ensuring compliance with the Forest Stewardship Plan. The range of duties assigned to a particular Practices Forester will vary from Business Area to Business Area due to the geographic location, apportionment and management requirements.
Fort St. James is a beautiful community that sits next to Stuart Lake, with water-skiing and fresh-water fishing excursions available. Snowboarding and downhill skiing are popular, as well as cross-country skiing just north of town at Murray Ridge. Fort. St. James is surrounded by various First Nation communities, and festivals are a common occurrence.
The BC Public Service offers a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits, including one of the best pension plans available, and a variety of opportunities for career learning and development. Regular, full time Professional Employee Association members are also entitled to 7% allowance in Lieu of Overtime Shiftwork and Standby (taken as time or money), have a 35 hour work week, and 4 weeks’ annual paid leave entitlement. To find out more, explore What the BC Public Service offers You
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Betty.Baker@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS . For technical difficulties submitting your online profile, or for more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the “HOW TO APPLY” section below.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education, experience, and professional designation requirement as outlined below:
- A Registered Professional Forester (RPF), or be eligible for registration as an RPF with the Association of BC Forest Professionals (ABCFP) AND two years (gained within the last five years) of experience in operational forestry such as forest tenures, cut-block and road development, engineering, silviculture, harvest operations or compliance and enforcement.
- Must possess at minimum a valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License that does not limit or restrict the ability to conduct the duties of the job.
- Please include your registration number with Association of BC Forest Professionals (ABCFP) within your application, as you, must be registered or immediately eligible for registration as a Registered Professional Forester (RPF) with ABCFP. If you are not yet registered with the ABCFP, please explain how you are immediately eligible (i.e. currently a registered RFP member in good standing in another Canadian jurisdiction and can immediately transfer to ABCFP)
- Applicants with specific forestry experience in one or more operational field-based forestry activities such as forest tenures, cut-block and road development, engineering, silviculture, harvest operations, planning integrated resource management or forestry contract administration.
- Must be willing and able to withstand the rigors of fieldwork.
- Must be willing to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Must be willing and able to travel to meet job requirements.
- Must be willing and able to travel in fixed and or rotary winged aircraft and or watercraft.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO - Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed. Please select "SKIP" on the cover letter screen to continue with your application.
Résumé required: YES - Ensure your résumé provides detailed information about your education and employment history as it relates to the required job qualifications. Your résumé must include the month and year(s) for your education and each job in your employment history, as well as the job related responsibilities. If you do not clearly identify how you meet the education and experience requirements for the position, your application will not be considered.
Online Questionnaire: YES - As part of the application process you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the qualifications. You need to allot 30-60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: The online questionnaire cannot be saved and will time out after 60 minutes. You will need to complete the questionnaire and submit your application within 60 minutes or you will lose any information you have entered. If you require more time to prepare your responses, copy the questions and prepare your responses outside of the system and paste them into the online questionnaire when you are ready to apply. Further instructions are provided in the questionnaire and are available on the Apply for a Position page on MyHR.
NOTE: Questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job qualifications noted above so please ensure you include all relevant information about your education and experience such as the date ranges of experience, job titles, and job duties when responding to the questionnaire. Your resume, submitted through your online profile, may be used to support the information you provide in your questionnaire.