Toronto Global Financial Business Intelligence Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Dentons Toronto
- Toronto Global Financial Business Intelligence Analyst
- Toronto ON
- 14 Dec, 2017 30+ days ago
Dentons Toronto urgently required following position for Toronto Global Financial Business Intelligence Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Toronto Global Financial Business Intelligence Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Dentons Toronto Jobs Details:
To be responsible for providing support in relation to the manipulation of financial data and the creation of reporting tools to support global financial reporting, key client reporting and other data-related initiatives. The post holder will also be responsible for identifying (scoping) and collecting (liaising with colleagues globally) regarding the data required to generate new metrics. The individual will need to combine good technical skills with accuracy and the ability to cope under pressure, given the demands of the work involved and business requirements. You will also be a great problem solver and have excellent communication skills. Coordinating with colleagues across different regions (and time zones) to gather the data that is required, and to coordinate approaches, protocols and methodologies is likely to be a daily occurrence.
- Provides SQL support to for ad-hoc data extracts from regional Elite Enterprise accounting systems.
- Completes design, development and testing of new reporting requirements using SQL 2016, SSRS and Power BI.
- Work with regional finance teams and global integration team to incorporate new region data, documenting and communicating data and reporting requirements.
- Completes updates and fixes to data warehouse and ETL process to fulfil changing business requirements.
- Produce formats and templates to support client pitches and client facing reports incorporating client data for global key clients.
- Creates dashboards and reports to provide insight into our global key client program.
- Provide recommendations on global BI tools, reporting and data gathering processes to leadership.
- Communicates with global BD teams to carry out data mapping reviews and data cleansing.
- Completes MS SQL administration tasks on data warehouse, and SSRS reports.
- Completes month-end Reporting procedures and ad-hoc reporting tasks.
- Documents changes and processes through design, configuration and support.
- Produces regular month-end reports for the use of global leaders in relation to our global practice and sector groups.
- Develops reports to track revenues for key clients as identified by practice and sector groups.
- Enhances reports to include cross-regional data and subsidiary data for multiple regions.
- Works closely with members of the BD, Global Finance and IT teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong SQL Server 2008/2012/2016, T-SQL and Stored Procedures
- Experienced with developing SSRS reports and administering Reporting Services.
- Experienced with analysing data and creating dashboards using Power BI/ Tableau (or similar analytics tool).
- Strong Excel & data analysis skills to map and consolidate data.
- Knowledge of maintaining ETL integration packages using SSIS.
- Familiar with data warehousing concepts and Kimball methodology
- Good technical documentation skills.
- Methodical approach to work with a strong focus on accuracy.
- Can clearly explain problems and issues to others and contribute to their resolution.
- Able to prioritise and multi-task particularly when working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Able to interact positively at all levels and a good team player.
- Able to demonstrate excellent customer facing skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances.
- Can demonstrate confidence and resilience to overcome obstacles to deliver what is required.
- Strong problem solving skills to deal with complex issues.
- Can demonstrate initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of working in a law firm or a professional services environment would be an advantage.
- Ability to present to groups of various sizes and train other team members when necessary.
- Willingness to work beyond core business hours to coordinate with international colleagues and to deliver according to business deadlines.
Dentons Canada LLP
Equal opportunities We believe that diversity and inclusion is essential to the success and strength of our firm. We believe that a proactive approach where we support and embrace our individual talents and differences enriches our firm, our professional practice and our communities. It offers us a broader perspective to foster more creative ideas and greater effectiveness, which enhances our ability to provide our clients with the best possible advice and service. Dentons Canada is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. If you have any accommodation requirements, we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.