Infusion Jobs Vacancy in Bayshore Healthcare St. Catharines
Bayshore Healthcare St. Catharines urgently required following position for Infusion. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Infusion Jobs Vacancy in Bayshore Healthcare St. Catharines Jobs Details:
The infusion nurse, under the direction of the Infusion Clinic Supervisor and/or Regional Infusion Clinic Manager establishes, monitors and delivers nursing care to clients in the home or clinic setting as directed by the nursing care plan and in accordance with all required internal and external professional practice standards. As required, s/he provides support, training, and direction to other members of the care team, in particular Registered Nurses, involved in direct client care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Arrange and/or provide client care by utilizing the skills of observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, counseling, health teaching, and reporting any adverse events to immediate supervisor or required stakeholders;
- Prepares and administers a variety of specialized intravenous or injectable pharmacological treatments;
- Conducts patient health assessments and medication administration teaching;
- Develop and review nursing care plans that are individualized to each client;
- Provide care according to the established care plan or medical directive ensuring that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent; care must be within the scope of practice of a Registered Nurse;
- Perform routine nursing duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice as defined by the provincial regulating body;
- Perform specialized nursing procedures for which recognized training and current competency have been demonstrated and completed;
- Observe and document client conditions according to Bayshore Healthcare standards;
- Acts as a resource to other Infusion Nurses by providing support and direction as needed;
- Understands and implements infection prevention practices;
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities;
- Adheres to Bayshore policies and procedures;
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System;
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns;
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel;
- Completes other tasks as requested.
- Graduated from an accredited Nursing School with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree or equivalent;
- Current registration and in good standing with the provincial licensing body;
- Candidate must be a Registered Nurse.
- At least 3 years Nursing experience, preferably in a critical care (e.g., ER or ICU), infusion clinic, or oncology setting;
- Previous nursing management or leadership experience will be seen as an asset;
- Previous oncology work experience will be seen as an asset.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional peripheral intravenous administration skills (e.g., PIVs, CVADs and PICCs);
- Current ACLS and CPR certification;
- Oncology certification or other specialized certifications will be seen as an asset;
- Strong communication skills
- Able to manage relationships with a proven track record of exceptional customer service;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective and consistent format;
- Able to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team;
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks;
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to client care;
- Able to visually and auditorially observe and assess clients;
- Able to transcribe physician’s orders;
- Valid drivers license.