Digital Journalist Jobs Vacancy in Corus Entertainment Calgary
Corus Entertainment Calgary urgently required following position for Digital Journalist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Digital Journalist Jobs Vacancy in Corus Entertainment Calgary Jobs Details:
Digital Journalist (Temporary)
Division: Global Calgary
Work Status: Temporary
Location: Calgary, AB
About the Role
The Corus Entertainment/Global News team is seeking a Temporary Full-time Digital Journalist on a 1-year term, based at Global Calgary and reporting to the Managing Editor. The successful candidate will be a flexible multi-tasker with a positive, can-do attitude. She or he will be required to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, days, evenings, and weekends in a role that includes reporting, shooting video, writing, editing, posting and promoting content for TV, online and radio.
Primary functions and responsibilities:
- Research and develop original and enterprising story and guest ideas
- Report, shoot, write and edit stories for multiple daily newscasts and for globalnews.ca
- Meet multiple daily deadlines to write, post, promote, update and curate local, regional and national content on globalnews.ca
- Display creativity in the use of visual graphics and other visual elements
- Regularly post links, video and photos on social media to promote Global News content and engage with viewers
- Report live, on location
- Write voicers for radio and deliver live debriefs on talk radio
- Participate in assignment meetings
- Be a strong advocate, model and mentor for digital journalism and a digital-first workflow
- Work closely with staff based in Lethbridge and Edmonton
- Participate in Global Calgary promotional and community initiatives
- Perform other duties as required
What we need from you:
- At least three years’ experience in broadcast and online journalism
- Degree/diploma in journalism from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Proven on-air presentation, including live remotes and unscripted material
- Proven shooting and editing experience is considered an asset
- Adept writer for broadcast, online and social media with great online and traditional story research skills
- An innovator with confidence in making editorial decisions
- This position requires someone who is comfortable working both independently and cooperatively in a team environment, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Canadian Press Style and experience publishing in WordPress are assets
- Willing and able to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows
- Organized and able to make quick and effective decisions under pressure
How to Apply
Corus Entertainment and Global News are committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourage applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Interested applicants should submit their resume and letter of interest by applying to globalcalgarycareers@ corusent.com by March 30, 2018 .
Internal candidates must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Temporary