Assembler Jobs Vacancy in Drs Pivotal Power Bedford
Drs Pivotal Power Bedford urgently required following position for Assembler. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assembler Jobs Vacancy in Drs Pivotal Power Bedford Jobs Details:
DRS Pivotal Power, Halifax, NS
Located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, DRS Pivotal Power is a leader in the development and manufacture of high reliability power conversion equipment for mission critical military applications. DRS Pivotal Power is part of the Naval Electronics Canada Group of DRS Technologies Inc., which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, headquartered in Rome, Italy and employing more than 70,000 people worldwide.
DRS Technologies is committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the defense industry. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS Technologies, please visit our website at www.drs.com .
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Assembler I will assemble to documentation sets and to company quality standards within a specific time frame. Work is normally performed under direct supervision in a production line / team environment. This is a 6-month term position however summer students are welcome to apply.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assembling, modifying, reworking and repairing electronic and electrical assemblies
- Works from documentation set including wiring and assembly drawings, work instructions, and engineering specs
- Repetitive electrical assembly and subassembly using hand tools, including powered, solder irons and wire crimpers
- Wire preparation, crimping and soldering lugs, basic wire connection
- Operates within standard operating procedures and to quality standards
- Performs other light assembly work as directedCore Competencies:
- Manual Dexterity
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions
- Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills required
- Must follow company safety policy
- Ability to work well in a team environmentTechnical Competencies:
- Minimum High School certificate or equivalent
- 0-5 years related experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Knowledge of soldering an asset
- Currently holding or ability to obtain Canadian and NATO Security clearances
Special needs of candidates with disabilities will be accommodated. DRS is dedicated to Employment Equity
The successful candidate(s) must fulfill requirements for U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and Canadian security clearance to Secret.
Job Type: Part-time