Generalist Jobs Vacancy in Bentall Kennedy Toronto
Bentall Kennedy Toronto urgently required following position for Generalist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Generalist Jobs Vacancy in Bentall Kennedy Toronto Jobs Details:
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
1 York Street, Toronto, Ontario
Bentall Kennedy, a Sun Life Investment Management Company, is one of North America’s largest real estate investment advisors and one of its foremost providers of real estate services. Bentall Kennedy serves the interests of more than 550 institutional clients and investors across office, retail, industrial, and multi-residential properties throughout North America. As a leader in Responsible Property Investing, we are committed to best-in-class environmental, social and governance practices in developing, leasing and managing commercial real estate.
The Human Resources Generalist will report to the Director, Human Resources and apply business acumen to provide a broad range of HR support including recruitment and selection, orientation and onboarding, employee relations, separations, HR programs and policies, and best practices while developing and maintaining positive working relationships across the business.
The Human Resources Generalist will help to build the capability and success of the organization by providing guidance to a designated client group and HR team members with dispersed locations across Canada and the United States.
- Provide proactive full-cycle recruiting support by anticipating manager’s needs, updating job descriptions, sourcing candidates, partnering with employment agencies when required, interviewing and drafting offer letters in an accurate and timely manner (approximately 50% of role)
- Work in partnership with the business independently to provide advice, recommendations and resolutions to ensure proactive support, guidance and high quality service on all day to day employee relations matters while ensuring adherence to policies, procedures, laws, standards and regulations with support on more complex matters
- Respond and assist on the interpretation and administration of company policies, programs and best practices to all levels of employees
- Support the HR department in communicating and implementing HR programs and initiatives which will improve the employee experience, including leading presentations and training as required
- Conduct new employee orientation sessions and support managers in the effective onboarding of new employees
- Prepare termination letters and severance matrices with support of HRBP and HRD
- Train and provide support, subject matter advice and back-up to HR team members
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Embrace and proactively support Bentall Kennedy's culture of fiscal, environmental and social responsibility.
- Experience – Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in HR (2 years in an HR Generalist function), in a service-oriented industry, supporting a business with dispersed locations, with an emphasis on recruitment & performance management
- Education – University Degree in Business, Human Resources or other relevant field, CHRP designation or working towards preferable
Skills and Attributes
- Knowledge of HR policies/procedures, recruitment and selection including behavioral interviewing technique
- Demonstrated ability to provide sound judgment and problem-solving skills in resolving HR matters
- Strong knowledge of HR best practices and regulations, including the Employment Standards Act and Human Rights Legislation, in resolving
- Ability to show tact, diplomacy and discretion in handling information of confidential and/or sensitive nature
- High level of customer focus and service orientation
- Bilingual in English and French would be an asset
- Relationship Skills - ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written; ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships; team player
- Organizational/Multi-Task Skills - Ability to allocate one’s time effectively and work under pressure; ability to prioritize workload; ability to work at a detailed level; willingness to learn in a dynamic environment that includes new ideas and change
- Computer Skills - intermediate to advance skills in Excel, Word, and other Microsoft Office programs
Travel – Travel may be required within the US and Canada (less than 10%)
Upon request, accommodation at any time throughout the hiring process is available through Bentall Kennedy's Human Resources department for applicants with disabilities or for those needing job postings in an alternate format.