Marketing Communications Representative Jobs Vacancy in Oak Bay Beach Hotel Victoria
Oak Bay Beach Hotel Victoria urgently required following position for Marketing Communications Representative. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Marketing Communications Representative Jobs Vacancy in Oak Bay Beach Hotel Victoria Jobs Details:
Oak Bay Beach Hotel is a luxury, boutique resort in the heart of historic Oak Bay, Victoria. Our vision is to provide service that is second to none while still maintaining a workplace that is relaxed, approachable, and inclusive. Along with competitive compensation, all of our team members receive perks such as complimentary parking, health benefits, and a daily staff meal plan. If you are interested in joining our amazing team then we have a fantastic opportunity for you.
Marketing & Communications Representative
The Marketing & Communications Representative is responsible for executing the Marketing and Communications plan and supporting the overall Sales and Marketing efforts of the Oak Bay Beach Hotel.
- Creating internal marketing and communications documents (not outsourced)
- Fielding and qualifying all marketing and PR requests as they come in and provide DOSM with qualified opportunities only for approval
- Updating all online content (including partner websites) as directed
- Filing, logging and tracking of all marketing ads and invoices
- Maintaining Guestfolio data base and drive initiatives to grow our contact lists
- Daily monitoring of Google Analytics – identifying successful ADword campaigns and what is driving traffic to our website, providing updates and recommendations weekly
- Liaise with 3rd party partners for marketing and PR campaigns – (Hothouse, Beattie Tartan and Creative Designer)
- Curate content and images to provide for Social Media
- Assist with site’s, fams and activities as needed
- Attend industry events and maintain up to date on relevant industry information – bringing back best practices to share with team.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Business, Marketing, Communications or similar field preferred.
- 2+ years of marketing and communications experience in a similar role. Hospitality or Tourism industry experience is an asset.
- Previous experience with Hotel and Hospitality PR and Media communications an asset
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop specifically), WordPress CMS, and Microsoft Office preferred
- Strong copywriting skills with attention to detail – including proof reading, while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Positive attitude and professional presentation
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities. A strong team player.
- Proficiency working in Mac OSX environment preferred
- Previous graphic design and marketing experience an asset
- Experience using social media and online content management in a business/marketing environment
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing & Communications: 2 years
- Victoria, BC