Director Logistics Jobs Vacancy in Maple Lodge Farms Brampton
Maple Lodge Farms Brampton urgently required following position for Director Logistics. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Director Logistics Jobs Vacancy in Maple Lodge Farms Brampton Jobs Details:
Position: Director, Logistics
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Employment Type: Full-Time
Responsible for the effective/efficient management of the Logistics & Distribution Operations of Maple Lodge Farms. Directs Operations to achieve timeline objectives of cost, productivity, accuracy & Safety.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Responsible for all aspects of warehousing, transportation (delivery) fleet operations, invoicing, diesel gas distribution, and VRT freezer.
- Directs, Warehouse (Shipping / Receiving), VTR Freezer, 3rd Party Storage, Transportation / Fleet Operations, Invoicing and Inventory Control.
- Directs inbound or outbound logistics operations such as transportation, safety performance, and logistics quality management.
- Oversees carriers including selection, qualification performance evaluation and ensures carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit and delivery. Negotiates transportation rates and services.
- Responsible for achieving KPIs, metrics, and reports to monitor the performance of Logistics operations. Assists in resolves problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, and customer issues
- Plans and implements improvements to internal or external Logistics systems and processes. Analyzes the financial impact of proposed Logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Develop and implement transportation’s vision, goals and strategies to support business objectives and future growth that drive higher service levels, optimize transportation network and deliver cost reduction.
- Evaluate and review the company’s logistics transportation business practices, update and develop process documentation, streamline opportunities, and identify and eliminate no value-added functions and activities.
- Drive the development and cultivation of positive business relationships with company’s internal and external logistics customers and vendors to focus on service improvement, reduction of transportation expense as well as establish performance metrics and reviews order to identify service and revenue improvement opportunities and manage cost.
- Provide leadership support to the other company’s business functions in the development of inbound/vendor solutions and transportation pricing requests and cost reduction opportunities.
- Optimize the supply chain network (continuously re-balancing between customer service requirements and delivering carriers).
- Establish Transportation metrics and savings targets, monitor performance, and communicate these to stakeholders.
- Create and direct Transportation projects that lead to improved density and distance.
- Explore and implement transportation technology with a view to automating the up and downstream processes.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in Transportation Planning that drives the process and system changes.
- Measure business process e.g., On-Time shipment and delivery, carrier utilization, EDI/POD messages and lead time.
- Provides overall management of a large team or business area and includes management of individuals indirectly through subordinate supervisors or managers.
- Establish goals and priorities and manage the activities and work of subordinates Evaluate their performance by providing formal and informal feedback to ensure that all work within a specific area is carried out in an efficient manner and in accordance with set individual targets.
- Responsible for all aspects of Human Resources functions for the team including hiring, onboarding, performance management and disciplinary matters.
- Develop team capabilities through continuing on-the-job and formal training opportunities and coaching.
- Prepare, recommend and manage a budget for the direct area of responsibility by conducting analysis and preparing data to support the requested budget.
- Leases, Rentals, Specifications and Transport price negotiations.
- Monitor the financial performance of area of responsibility against approved budget so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized on
- Recommend, develop and implement enhancements and improvements to departmental policies and procedures.
- Involved in Collective agreement adherence and negotiations.
- Ensure that all employees under position leadership, follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Adhere/comply with company policies and procedures
- Promote and comply with all Maple Lodge Farms Health & Safety, Quality Assurance, and Environmental Management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices laid out by the company.
- Actively participate in all internal and external audits.
- Investigate, find the root cause, determine corrective action and/or preventative measures and follow up on any deviations noted while performing assigned tasks.
- Responsible for food safety, quality and legal responsibilities as defined in departmental procedures (e.g. Regulatory Program, SOPs, BRC requirements etc..).
- Attend all meeting related to Operations, Continuous Improvement, HACCP/Food Safety and quality.
- Minimum 10 of experience with at least 5 years of progressing management experience in transportation and shipping in a computerized distribution environment. Retail distribution experience desired;
- Strategic thinker; able to see the big picture and connect tactical efforts to broader strategy, strong attention to detail, exceptional customer service skills. Looks to lead by serving peers and internal customers;
- Ability to foster innovation;
- Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS
- Team-player with excellent leadership skills, able to motivate others, negotiate effectively, and interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders;
- Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
- Computer literacy (MS Office).
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or a related field is required.
- CITT or PLOG designation preferred.
- Lean Green Belt Six Sigma (minimum) an asset.
- Business Transformation.
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Negotiation Skills.
- Communication Skills.
- Self-Motivated with attention to detail.
Please submit applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line. Please make sure to attach an updated copy of your resume.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.