Accounting Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Calgary Immigrant Educational Society Calgary
Calgary Immigrant Educational Society Calgary urgently required following position for Accounting Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Accounting Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Calgary Immigrant Educational Society Calgary Jobs Details:
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Accounting Assistant ensures all financial documents and data are accurate and correctly processed through various accounting systems according to established standards and assists with the overall operations of an organization’s financial processes.
Main Job Duties
Duties start immediately
- Process Accounts payable including but not limit to coding expenses and posting in QuickBooks, managing all incoming invoices and vouchers and reconciling invoices from vendors and suppliers
- Accounts receivable/ Deposit: Coordinate with Receptionist to issue Cheque/Cash receipts
- Banking and credit crad statements reconciliation
- Post and process daily transactions in accounting software-QuickBooks
- Ensure the accuracy of data appearing on accounting documents. Updates the computerized management information system
- Update various worksheets such as donation and employee reimbursement
- Prepare weekly bank deposit and petty cash replenishment for the Society. Perform online and manual banking duties for the Society.
- Maintain an effective filing system including funder/program files and general files and inventory management
- Assist HR manager or Senior Accountant for processing semi-monthly payroll
- Assist CFO to prepare documents requested by financial auditor and funder auditors
- Prepare budget and forecast of cash flow for small projects
- Work with program managers with budget and cash flow forcast, and perform budget control for small projects
- Perform other administrative and office work assigned
- Cover some of the senior accountant’s duties when s/he is absent, and complete the urgent tasks requested by CFO
Education and Experience
The successful candidate will have a diploma/degree, major in Accounting. 1-2 years accounting/bookkeeping related work experience. NFPO experience is an asset.
Knowledge and skills
- Ability to work under pressure at an extremely fast pace environment
- Be able to adjust priority frequently and switch among the tasks
- Good at time management and priortization
- Attention to detail and dependable
- Effective communication skills, verbally and written
- Quick learner
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially on Excel
Start Date: mid-March, 2018
schedule: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 p.m.
Eligible for benefits after completion of the probationary period
If you feel the above job posting suits your career goals, and you have the qualifications and skill sets we are looking for, please send your resume and cover letter by clicking "Apply Now" at the bottom of the job advertisement on Indeed.ca. Only candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for taking the time to send us your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- book keeping: 1 year
- Calgary, AB