Summer Student Resident Care Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Carefor Health Community Services Richmond
Carefor Health Community Services Richmond urgently required following position for Summer Student Resident Care Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Summer Student Resident Care Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Carefor Health Community Services Richmond Jobs Details:
“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Date: Thursday May 17, 2018
Location: Richmond Care Home, Richmond Ontario
Reference #: RCH18-06
Position: One (1) Summer Student - Resident Care Assistant
Hours of Work: 30 hours per week for 7 weeks
Start Date: June 4, 2018
The candidate must be attending full-time secondary or post-secondary studies in Fall 2018.
Carefor is a dynamic not-for-profit organization that provides multidisciplinary community based health care services in the Ottawa area. We are known for our leadership in providing quality care in the areas of community medical care, rehabilitation and support. The goal of therapy at Carefor is to enhance client outcomes through effective use of therapy services in community-based care, particularly in their home.
The Richmond Care Home is a full service retirement home for women with a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s or a related dementia. Situated in the Village of Richmond, Ontario, the Home offers a small home-like, supportive environment for a maximum of 16 residents.
Richmond Care Home promotes a sense of safety, security and positive self-esteem. The program structure is flexible and activities are tailored to the client’s functionality, ability, and interests day-to-day. Resident Care Assistants assist with serving snacks and light meal prep, participate in conversations and activities of special interest to each client, group social activities and the group exercise program. Resident Care Assistants operate within the framework of Carefor policies, procedures, standards and quality & risk management. In collaboration with other members of the health care team they work to meet the needs of the residents; to attain an optimal level of independence and well-being.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Enrolment in secondary or post-secondary program leading to a degree or diploma with focus on: Healthcare, Recreation and Leisure, Alzheimer’s, Dementia, and Seniors
- Must be returning to school full time in Fall 2018
- Must be able to work 30 hours each week, Monday to Friday and occasional weekends for full duration of contract
- Must have a completed and clear vulnerable sector police check
- Successful candidate will demonstrate reliability and dependability in providing care to clients and participation in group social activities
- Must be able to communicate well in English, both written and verbal
- Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
- Household management experience an asset
- Food Handlers Certificate an asset
- Ability to take direction well
- Access to a vehicle required (Richmond Care Home is not accessible by bus)
- Preference will be given to applicants who have shown a commitment to furthering their job related skills through training and education
Please forward your resume by visiting our 'Careers' page at www.carefor.ca.
Please indicate on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.
To learn more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent