Machine Operator Jobs Vacancy in Karma Candy Hamilton
Karma Candy Hamilton urgently required following position for Machine Operator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Machine Operator Jobs Vacancy in Karma Candy Hamilton Jobs Details:
Karma Candy Inc has been Canada’s manufacturer of branded confectionary for over 48 years. We are the largest private label and contract manufacturer of seasonal confectionary products in Canada and are expanding to global markets. Based in Hamilton, Ontario, Karma Candy Inc. is managed by a highly skilled team with deep experience and expertise in the confectionary industry. Join us today
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK 3 SHIFT ROTATION: DAYS, NIGHTS AND AFTERNOONS
PAY RATE: $14.35- OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $17.30
LOOKING FOR EXPERIENCE
- Complete food safety checklist prior to startup
- Fill out Process Control sheets and reports accurately and legibly
- Operate 2 candy cane lines, ensuring cello is replenished, product quality is met, line efficiency is optimal and materials provided as needed
- Work for improvements in process to ensure minimum waste at batch roller, sizer and wrapper
- Record all edible/non-edible waste
- Record all downtime and analyze to improve uptime
- Maintain communication with Candy Makers/Packers to optimize production
- Work is routine and requires little, if any analysis, but some problem solving is required. Decisions are made on the basis of clearly established rules or precedents and there is seldom any decision making outside of these parameters.
- Work assigned has a set procedure or is accompanied by specific and detailed instructions. Frequent progress checks for quality and/or accuracy are required to be performed.
- Tasks performed are related mostly to others in the work centre and errors may affect the work of fellow employees
- Follow all plant safety rules and OSHA
- Good housekeeping is essential
- May work in extreme temperature conditions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have a good working knowledge of both written and oral English
- Work well with little supervision
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to follow precise instructions
- Perform tasks that require light physical exertion such as pulling, standing, sitting, bending or walking.
- Use of light tools and machines and/or medium weight materials and regular visual concentration
- Frequent travel to and from the machines is required
- Normal courtesy in dealing with fellow employees
- Must be able stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to analyze and suggest improvements in process to improve efficiency and productivity
Our AODA Commitment
Karma Candy Inc. is committed to accessibility in employment and ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.
Job Type: Full-time