Manager Curriculum And Professional Learning Jobs Vacancy in Charity Toronto
Charity Toronto urgently required following position for Manager Curriculum And Professional Learning. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Manager Curriculum And Professional Learning Jobs Vacancy in Charity Toronto Jobs Details:
WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others. WE –Making doing good, doable.
WE is seeking a Manager, Curriculum and Professional Learning in the WE Schools department who will create curriculum resources as well as produce and deliver professional development sessions for educators. The Curriculum and Professional Learning Manager will join a team to execute our outreach and engagement strategy designed to increase participation by teachers in our educational programs; supporting tactical initiatives designed to acquire new educators/school groups and to retain active educators as participants in our WE Schools program. This position is best suited for those with an educational background who want to combine their curriculum development and teaching experience with public speaking skills to engage teachers in social justice education.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
The position is based out of WE’s office in Toronto .
Your Impacts: Professional Learning:
- Development of innovative, engaging and advanced professional learning workshops that equip educators with resources to bring civic learning and social justice issue exploration back to their classrooms and at the same time create space and support for educators to collaborate and share ideas
- Keep abreast of important educational developments to ensure professional development sessions are relevant, Ministry expectations-aligned and supportive of the major education initiatives of our partners
- Convey a firm understanding of the primary goal of these activities - to engage audiences in civic pedagogy and service learning by articulating the value of WE Schools programming and campaigns
- Liaise with other internal department members to seek input and content for the purpose of each presentation and also on how to meet organizational priorities
- Develop data tracking systems for PD delivery and outreach efforts; support the execution of grants and reporting requirements
In Process Curriculum Development:
- Work collaboratively to create engaging lesson plan packages for a variety of grade levels and across subject areas for Canadian and American educators
- Review and revise existing lesson plan packages to increase accessibility for educators
- Uphold and maintain high standards set by WE and the curriculum development team. Internal WE Schools Support
- Actively support the WE Schools team to create, execute and manage an impactful marketing and outreach plan to engage/acquire new educators and schools in relevant target markets and in accordance with the department’s strategy
- Research and develop new opportunities to connect with schools and educators
- Work closely with and frequently support the WE Schools Coordinators to follow-up on all lead generating activities and convert interested stakeholders into WE Schools supporters.
- Utilize internal data management systems to track relationships and support the broader organization’s outreach efforts
- Identify opportunities to improve the strategies and tactics at every stage of the engagement process, using data to inform decisions
- Create weekly reports outlining activities and progress
What you bring:
- Bachelor of Education, Master of Education degree preferred
- 3+ years relevant classroom teaching and curriculum writing experience
- Thorough knowledge of current curricular development strategies and engaging teaching strategies in order to develop classroom resources
- Passion and commitment to bringing global issues and the spirit of volunteerism into the classroom in a way that is accessible and engaging for educators and students
- Strong understanding of pedagogical theories and how these inform teaching strategies
- Sound understanding of social issues at local, national and international levels
- Experience developing and delivering professional learning sessions
- Strong research skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills with natural ability and confidence in public speaking, presenting, facilitation, and/or networking
- Experience with the development and implementation of technology solutions to scale programming is an asset
- Ability to track and measure the impact of his/her work and show progress
- Able to quickly develop a rapport with other education professionals as well as inspire their cooperation and confidence
- Positive and professional attitude and ability to work as a team player with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities accordingly
- Motivated to achieve optimal results, a self-starter, solutions-oriented with an ability to thrive with minimal in-person supervision
- Consistent, dependable and accurate in carrying out responsibilities
- Excellent organizational, administrative, communication and inter-personal skills
- Driver’s License; able and willing to travel nationally and internationally when needed
What makes us unique… WE is a family of organizations making doing good, doable. WE Charity empowers domestic and international change. ME to WE is a social enterprise that creates socially conscious products and experiences to help support the charity. And WE Day fills stadiums around the world with the greatest celebration of social good. WE enables youth and families to better the world – supporting 2,500+ local and global causes by volunteering millions of hours of service, shopping daily with an impact, and raising millions of dollars that directly benefit their local communities and the world. Globally, our teams in Asia, Africa, and Latin America have provided more than 1 million people with clean water, built 1,000 schools and schoolrooms overseas, and empowered more than 200,000 children with access to education. WE was founded more than 20 years ago by social entrepreneurs, brothers Craig and Marc Kielburger. Join the movement today at WE.org We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time