Legal Advisor Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Nurses Protective Society Ottawa
Canadian Nurses Protective Society Ottawa urgently required following position for Legal Advisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Legal Advisor Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Nurses Protective Society Ottawa Jobs Details:
As a practising lawyer specialized in health law, the CNPS Legal Advisor is primarily responsible for providing legal advice and assistance to eligible nurses across Canada. The CNPS Legal Advisor is also responsible for the delivery of education and risk-management services, and the management of legal services provided by provincial counsel.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Provision of legal information, advice and support to health-care professionals in connection with issues arising from their professional nursing practice
- Review and analysis of legal documents
- Provision of advice and ongoing support to nurses involved in litigation and legal proceedings
- Management of the conduct of litigation and legal proceedings across multiple Canadian jurisdictions
- Documentation of legal services in accordance with applicable standards and employer policies
- Development and presentation of educational modules, workshops and lectures on professional obligations and legal issues relevant to nursing
- Drafting of articles for publication on various health law topics relevant to nursing
- Research and provision of legal opinions relating to various corporate issues
- Representing the CNPS on external committees and working groups
- Law degree from a Canadian university
- Licence to practice common law in a Canadian province or territory
- Health law and civil litigation experience
- A minimum of 5 years of post-call practice experience in health law and civil litigation
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly developed analytical skills, critical thinking and organizational skills
- Ability to travel
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Fluent in both official languages, written and oral
- Nursing baccalaureate and broad nursing experience
- Registered or eligible for registration as a registered nurse or nurse practitioner in a Canadian province of territory
- Licensed to practise civil law
This is a permanent, full-time position with a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits, including pension. For confidential consideration, please email your cover letter and resume c/o Human Resources.
Job Type: Full-time
- health law and civil litigation: 5 years
- Ottawa, ON