Accounting Clerk Jobs Vacancy in Deloitte Toronto
Deloitte Toronto urgently required following position for Accounting Clerk. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Accounting Clerk Jobs Vacancy in Deloitte Toronto Jobs Details:
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
Accounting Clerk – Deloitte Tax Law LLP, Toronto
Deloitte Tax Law LLP (DTL) is a national law firm with offices in Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver. Our team of tax lawyers has extensive experience in the areas of tax advice, controversy, litigation, and in advising on the legal aspects of all tax issues and transactions. In addition to its team of tax lawyers, DTL is privileged to be affiliated with Deloitte, a professional services firm with global eminence.
Description: Reporting to the Director of Legal Operations, the Accounting Clerk will be responsible for supporting the members of the firm in variety of key areas. This is a detail oriented position which would be well suited to a person who is a strategic thinker and who has excellent interpersonal skills.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Preparing client accounts, including those submitted through various e-billing platforms;
- Maintenance of accounting files;
- Reconciliation of bank accounts;
- Time docket entry;
- Accounts receivable and payable contact;
- Accounts receivable, WIP and various other financial reporting;
- Banking assistance as required;
- Meeting room, travel arrangements;
- Expense reporting;
- Back up to legal assistants;
- Website maintenance;
- Marketing support;
- Closed file maintenance.
Education and Experience
- Business degree or diploma;
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a support or clerical role, preferably at a law firm;
- Experience in a team-oriented environment
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable;
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written);
- High attention to detail, organized and resourceful;
- Proficiency with computers including advanced Excel skills;
- Problem solving skills with the ability to exercise judgment to resolve technical issues;
- Prior experience with e-billing platforms would be an asset;
- SAP knowledge or experience is preferred but not required;
- Calm and positive under pressure.
Get your career off to a great start. What impact will you make?
We’re always looking for people with the relentless energy to drive and push themselves further to find new avenues and unique ways of reaching our shared goals. At Deloitte, we know that being the undisputed leader means empowering our people to be the very best they can be – so they can make an impact that matters for clients, colleagues and the community, and for their own careers.
We offer a truly differentiated talent experience that empowers our people with unlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career. Deloitte’s newly designed offices offer unique workspaces that strengthen connections, inspire innovative ways of working, and provide the necessary tools to help you make an impact that matters. And with our global reach and network, you’ll always be part of the Deloitte community.
“Once Deloitte, always Deloitte.”
Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. It’s all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada. At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of today’s local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutions they need to resolve both today’s and tomorrow’s challenges.
Let Deloitte show you how to push your career to the next level. And let your story unfold.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.