Systems Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Parrish Heimbecker Limited Cambridge
Parrish Heimbecker Limited Cambridge urgently required following position for Systems Administrator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Systems Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Parrish Heimbecker Limited Cambridge Jobs Details:
New-Life Mills, a division of Parrish & Heimbecker is an exciting place to develop and grow a career in agriculture and agricultural processing that supports Canadian producers of poultry and livestock as well as producers who grow and sell their crops to global markets. A family-owned Canadian company with deep roots in grain trading, flour milling, animal feed production and live animal management, New-Life Mills has been serving the needs of livestock and poultry producers for more than 50 years. P&H has invested and matured in the agricultural landscape over 100 years. With more than 40 locations coast to coast, P&H offers you a unique opportunity to make your mark in a growth-oriented company with a variety of business segments.
Our success comes from a well-established network of assets, ongoing infrastructure development and the strong business relationships we nurture with farmers and suppliers. Learn more about us at www.parrishandheimbecker.com or www.newlifemills.com.
Reporting to the Manager of Information Technology, the Systems Administrator will be responsible for providing technical support to all users and maintaining IT systems. This position requires broad knowledge and experience in most areas of Information Technology to deliver outstanding support and results. The position will play a key role in operational projects and upgrades with a key focus on driving technology solutions that help improve efficiencies.
- Install, configure, maintain, administer and troubleshoot a wide variety of corporate IT systems including PCs, printers, servers, storage devices, phone systems and mobile devices
- Administer, monitor and troubleshoot a wide variety of operational IT systems including: Windows Networking, Server 2012, Virtualization, SQL Server, Exchange Server, Microsoft Office, Cloud based computing and various business software packages such as Sage Accounting, Brill Formulation, custom written applications and other general purpose software
- Administer, monitor, troubleshoot all back-up and disaster recovery solutions, remote connectivity and security issues (including firewalls, anti-virus, software and firmware updates), to ensure all data, software and hardware is safeguarded.
- Assist with capacity planning for network bandwidth, storage requirements and application upgrades to ensure peak performance of underlying systems
- Maintain site telephone systems, update messaging, create voicemail accounts, maintain DID’s as required
- Provide new user training and orientation
- Maintain all IT operational procedures, practices and security
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Information Technology
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in computer science from a recognized post-secondary institution, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience required
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience installing, configuring, maintaining and administrating IT systems
- Extensive experience managing and maintaining mission critical servers in a 24X7 production environment
- Certification(s) in Virtualization, Security, ITIL and Windows Server
- A strong commitment to high quality customer service
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organization skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated self-starter and ability to work collaboratively in a team based environment
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Travel is required to various locations in Ontario and Saskatchewan
- After Hours on-call support
- Overtime as required
- Lifting or moving up to 25kg may be required
New-Life Mills, a division of Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, New-Life Mills is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from men, women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities, and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.