Senior Sqa Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Edc Ottawa
Edc Ottawa urgently required following position for Senior Sqa Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Sqa Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Edc Ottawa Jobs Details:
The Senior SQA Analyst role is responsible for directing and managing the entire testing lifecycle for one or more complex cross functional projects affecting multiple interfaces and/or applications, as well as providing leadership in the areas of test automation, tools, and processes.
The individual in this role will be responsible for test strategy development and execution, researching testing automation tools, deploying new test frameworks, and managing the development and execution of testing deliverables for IT projects.
The Senior SQA Analyst will interface with various project teams to assess testing needs for the project, analyze and interpret test results, establish and review metrics and communicate results and recommendations to a technical and business audience. This role will provide mentorship on testing concepts and implementation, best practices and opportunities for test practice improvements within the organization.
- Develop test strategy and test plans.
- Design, develop, implement, and roll out organization wide processes and tools to improve testing effectiveness and software quality
- Provide technical leadership and strategic direction in software testing
- Maintain and communicate a solid understanding of software testing best practices, methodologies and terminology
- Conduct research on new and emerging technologies in the software test area.
- Assess and implement new automation tools and create innovative automated test systems
- Integration and potential aggregation of existing test automation infrastructure
- Build broad understanding of various applications and systems throughout the organization
- Coordinate and devise, where needed, software testing project deliverables, including overall test strategy, detailed test plan/approach, test cases, test result summary and client approvals
- Apply risk based testing to projects and report risk assessment back to client stakeholders. Identify, analyze, and respond to project risks
- Coordinate or develop as required Test Requirements and perform gap analysis between Technical Design Specifications and Business Requirements
- Manage changes to project scope
- Provide feedback on feature specification and design based on customer requirements
- Provide feedback in the review of development code and unit tests
- Perform defect reporting and provide product feedback based on customer requirements
- Signoff on feature set based on customer requirements and product exit criteria
- Provide leadership to testing teams
- Lead, train, coach and mentor other members of test teams
- Support remote testing of applications
- Work closely with the Project Manager to estimate and plan project testing schedules, workload and testing resource capacity
- Interact and adapt to Client and Partner requirements
- At least 5 years of professional software development experience
- At least 5 years of technical test, quality assurance or test driven development
- University degree or college diploma in the field or Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering or other related field.
- Test Strategy and Test Plan creation
- Ability to understand business requirements
- Functional & other forms of Manual Testing
- Black box & White box Testing
- Bug reporting & tracking tools
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies, and/or demonstrates the competencies that support it
- Excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members
- Complete SDLC know-how & documentation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Academic or industry experience in financial, engineering or research
- Certification or successful completion of a recognized Software Testing /Quality Assurance curriculum
- Demonstrated experience in acting as a test lead for information management, web solutions, or content management implementation projects
- Knowledge of DW, Cognos, Sharepoint, Infosphere technologies
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- $73,000 - $109,000
+ performance based incentive
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: February 16, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.